Old 05-29-21, 04:55 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4522 Post(s)
Liked 6,415 Times in 3,692 Posts
Originally Posted by John E
Not much different than today, although no Carlton and no second Capo Sieger back then.

Rewind 18 years, and I getting ready to have the 1959 Capo painted at CyclArt. I wish I had a before picture -- sorry. I still have the best car I have ever owned, the 2001 VW Passat wagon, but I had to donate the 1996 Audi A4 Quattro to PBS after a substantial electrical short / meltdown / near-fire in the power window circuitry. (I had a long career in the semiconductor industry, and I currently teach electrical engineering and computer science at a local university, so it hurt to admit defeat on this one.)
I know that feeling, 20 year fomoco and ASE Senior Master Technician, had a couple of cars that ended up at "we can replace the wiring harness and see what happens".

These were problems that were out of my specialty that I took on after they kicked other techs azzes that couldn't get there, I proceeded to join them but was fairly confident it would work and/or the problem would be found if we went there as that is what usually happened, you would find a water leak, pinchpoint or shrinkage stretch, abrasion, rub through area that didn't test/prove out during diag azz whoopin but became obvious once you got your eyeball or hand on it.