View Single Post
Old 09-02-22, 07:22 PM
Hondo6

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 672 Times in 464 Posts
I recently picked up a lot of mixed chainrings. The lot included a disc rotor.

I have no need for 2 of the chainrings or the disc rotor. If you need or want them, they're yours for cost of postage.

First, the disc rotor.

Disc rotor appears to be a Formula 180mm 6-bolt rotor; It's marked "FORMULA", "FD-50697-00", and "180mm". It's also marked "MIN TH1.75mm". Cheap digital caliper says it's 2.0mm thick in the wear track (6 measurements, each taken in the pad wear track near where curved spoke meets disc showed apparent wear track thickness of 2.0mm - I had one reading of 1.9mm but could not repeat it on re-measuring the same spot repeatedly; re-measurements all showed 2.0mm.) Rotor appears serviceable to me. Disclaimer: I have zero experience with bike disc brakes, so I could be out to lunch on that point.

First chainring.

This chainring is a Shimano Hyperdrive. It's 48T, steel, and appears to be symmetric 4-hole 104mm BCD. It's marked "HG Z-48" on what seems to be the inside of the chainring (opposite side from the "Hyperdrive" label).

Second chainring.

Second chainring is a Shimano Hyperdrive C. It's 42T, also steel, and appears to be 5-hole 94mm BCD (adjacent bolt holes are a touch over 55mm apart). It's marked "I-42" on what appears to be the inside of the chainring (again, opposite side from the label).

PM me if interested. Photos provided on request.

Edited to add: yeah, I know these parts may not really be C&V. But some folks here might be able to use them, and I don't really want to put serviceable parts in a recycle barrel.

Last edited by Hondo6; 09-02-22 at 11:25 PM.