View Single Post
Old 09-14-22, 02:56 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4273 Post(s)
Liked 4,709 Times in 2,909 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Hey guys, if you ride 100 miles in a day but stop a bunch do you think it counts as a century? I remember one day a while back where I had a morning ride before work, a lunch ride, an evening group ride, and then took a scenic route home after dinner. Total miles was like 85, could have done an extra 15 but i think it would have been weird to call it a century given that I left the house at like 6:30 am and came back at like 11:30 pm. Thats like walking 25 miles and saying you did a marathon
What you did there Larry was 4 distinct, separate rides in the same day. That's not a single "Century" ride regardless of the total mileage. A "Century" ride is a single ride with the specific intention of completing a 100 mile route. It might involve multiple breaks along the way, but it's all part of the same ride and end goal. What you did was a bunch of disconnected rides for different purposes that just happened to total 85 miles. So yes it would have been weird to add anther 15 miles and call it a Century ride!