Old 04-12-21, 10:20 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
The fit and geometry between my main road bike and my gravel bike are nearly the same.

My gravel bike uses a 90mm stem with 72.5deg head tube angle while my main road bike uses a 100mm stem with 73deg head tube angle. The effective reach is about the same. The gravel bike has a .5degree steeper seat tube, but that difference is negated with saddle position.
The gravel bike bottom bracket drop is a few mm deeper too.
After the slight differences, my hoods are basically in the same place on both bikes because I use 105 hydraulic levers on my gravel bike that are longer than the 6800 Ultegra levers on my main road bike. So ultimately the saddle position is the same, steering is quite similar, and the hoods are in the same spot.

I do have 172.5mm cranks on my gravel bike and 175mm on my main road bike. I dont think twice about that though- neither makes any difference to me and I bought the 172.5mm length because it was new and half the cost.