View Single Post
Old 09-13-22, 05:02 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Herzlos
Sorta, but I can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse by this point, because you have some kind of e-bike grievance. Jealousy?

If I put 100w into a manual bike up a hill for 1 minute, I'll burn 6kj (6 calories) of energy (100x60)
If I put 100w into an e-bike up a hill for 1 minute, I'll still burn the same 6 calories of energy, I'll just be further up the hill.

Granted, if I did the same course in the same time on both bikes, I'd use less energy on the e-bike. But the point you're deliberately missing is that there's nothing stopping me putting the same effort in, getting the same workout, and travelling further or getting home faster, by using an e-bike.

How many calories I burn is only related to how hard and fast I move my legs whatever I'm sitting on.
Exactly, I've been called a cheater and had riders say it's easy to climb a hill because we have a motor. Pretty sure that heart rate monitor and sweat pouring off is an indication that we are exercising. Road riding is not the same as road racing. If I'm cheating the response is simple- you win!
Likes For kayakindude: