View Single Post
Old 12-01-15, 05:03 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
the part you are addressing here has little to do with method of upgrading and lots to do with performance or perceived ability to perform during the race. I'm not arguing that. Knowing guy's strengths and weaknesses and knowing who you can trust to work with vs. who you maybe shouldn't isn't talking about upgrading on experience vs. points.
no, i was specifically addressing things that went beyond performance in my statement. your comment strikes me as thinking of it in the context of who to work with (or not) and i would agree is definitely about the riders' legs and trustworthiness; i'm talking about what goes on behind the break and can often be what enables the win or shuts it down.

i have witnessed first-hand other riders' unwillingness to chase a rider who was known to perform but also known to be a great guy -- and i've seen the opposite happen to the d-bag. as said above, i bet many of us have seen that.

i've even heard things said about prolific posters on forums/strava/etc by people who no one thinks of as part of that/those community(ies). the reach is kind of remarkable; i've been amused by the comments people make, at times, and who lurks.