View Single Post
Old 06-28-22, 08:21 AM
SleepySimon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrizzledBastard
Edit: OEM crankset weighs somewhere north of 820g. I say more because that weight is with the Praxis 40T that I didn't use and the Praxis is definitely lighter than the OEM chainring so it's not apples to apples.

Praxis lists the Zayante Carbon only with TWO chainrings and puts it at approx 620g in that configuration. The 40T ring I have is 138g so it might be safe to shave close to 100g once you factor out a ring? Looks like the new system is possibly just short of half the weight of the OEM give or take. Maybe 520-550g?

Just an observation and warning...if you do remove the OEM crankset via that anemic main crank bolt, you might want to order a new one to have on hand. That said, I obviously re-used mine after taking it off and I re-installed to proper torque specs but used 242 (blue-mid strength) Loctite quite generously. Yesterday my cranks were noisy when I was doing a lap around my neighborhood before stripping them and pulling the BB. The main crank bolt was hand tight and the crankarm came off in a super easy fashion.....just like the recall bikes suffered in '19-'20. So, if you break that nut loose, be ready to red loctite it back in or face the consequences. It's clearly a crappy design and I already feel better being rid of it.
Weighed the 170mm 40T OEM crankset at 823g without pedals.
Replaced them with Ultregra cranks and a custom 42T at 631g

Last edited by SleepySimon; 06-28-22 at 08:49 AM.