View Single Post
Old 10-03-11, 07:22 AM
nimbuzz

Bikes: Optibike R11 and Prodeco Outlaw 48 V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And what might "all those choices" be? I'm on a number of forums--have been for years. I don't know of many or any choices. I made it clear above that I killed thousands of dollars of Lithium batteries on my TF and same happened to most other guys on the forum. Many Lithium mfgs claim all sorts of battery specs--my dead batteries were all claimed to be top notch but pooped out in less than a year. Why do you think E+ doesn't offer a lithium pack--they can't find one that can do the job. 'Deerfencer' over on the TF forum has been trying all sorts of Lithium packs that keep pooping out on him. He now has a new one that is working but again we can't tell how long it will last--AND even if it does work well and last more often than not the next batch of cells might very well not be as good as the previous--such is the current state of Lithium technology available to consumers. There is little recourse when the pack came from overseas and must be shipped back for any warranty. Ebikes are so cool and fun it seems many are unwilling to admit that current batteries suck. The only bike I know of that has a 3 yr USA warranty is Optibike.