View Single Post
Old 06-04-21, 04:39 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked 1,636 Times in 1,050 Posts
Friendly Tesla Sneaking Up On My Six

I ride slow in a quiet up and down, half in the woods, mostly residential neighbourhood with old torn up roads. I keep my ears tuned for traffic coming up behind me and its mostly pretty easy to hear the tires rolling on old asphalt and loose gravel. Today on my short daily ride I was puffing up a small hill that I turn around on to return home. Right before my regular turn, I heard a Beep Beep from a car locking its doors. Whoa... Sure enough there was a fancy new Tesla slowly rolling silently up behind me.

Don't get me wrong, it was not entirely silent, but with my tinnitus and heart pounding in my ears from the climb, I did not hear it. I stopped to catch my breath and he pulled up next to me. I thanked him for the beep. We talked a while. He was from the Round Rock area (North Austin Texas) and scouting out some new routes. It appears that ridding anywhere around Austin is getting to crowded. I told him of some of my local routes and thier difficulty. It was a pleasant conversation. When he pulled off I noticed there was a trailer hitch bike rack on the back of his Tesla with what appeared to be a new Topstone Cannondale attached. (Must be nice)

It was a good contact and I will defiantly remember that a Beep in this case was certainly more appropriate than laying on the horn.