View Single Post
Old 06-25-16, 07:36 AM
artclone

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Suberbe, '92 (German) Centurion Equipe, '85 Schwinn Peloton, 1983ish Zunow Road Racer project, '69 Squanch Super Tourer, 1980 Bianchi Super Corsa, '82 Austro-Daimler Vent Noir, '89 Miyata 914 project, 1982ish Bianchi Rallye

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Man, retirement is looking sweeet! I have a lot of shaky reasons for why it's okay to keep buying bikes, and one of the them it that I can sell or flip them when I retire or if I get fired to bring in extra cash.

Ever get a new-to-you vintage bike that's almost cherry enough that you might not need to do the usual lube routine? I'm working on this Black Lightning and the bottom bracket and hubs still have wet grease showing and they spin well. I know I should repack everything while I'm cleaning the chain and changing tires, but the weather is really nice this weekend.

If only there was some way to see exactly what the grease looks like in the bearings without disassembly.

Plan for now is to ride it today and hopefully have the energy to repack and adjust bearings this evening.