View Single Post
Old 08-01-20, 06:41 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 800 Times in 507 Posts
Originally Posted by trekmogul
........................... Week ago Thursday 25 miles into a early 40 mile bike ride I was taken out by a raccoon at about 20MPH. 10 stitches to the coconut, lots of nasty road rash, fractured left collar bone and quite bruised and battered...I must not have been to bad after about 3 hours in emergency room they had my wife pick me up and take me home.. I am on the mend very well then about 5 days into my healing process, I tried getting up to fast out of bed from being so crazy dizzy. So for the last 3 or 4 days I get some occurring vertigo spells if I get up to fast or bend my head way down to the ground to pick something up... Tuesday I get my stitches out and will tell the doctor about it..

Anyone else have this type of issue about 5 days after a crash...? They did a CT Scan and never said anything about a concussion etc..

Sure missing my biking guys..!......................................

DANG, you got messed up!!! How's the bike???? Looks like you hit the road instead of dirt. Take time healing and follow doctor's orders.

14 weeks ago this coming Monday riding 20.1mph(computer) @ 1:25AM and mile 33 of 100 MILE OVERNIGHT RIDE a 150 pound wild hog hit me. $75,000 for 2 hours in ER, $1,200 for 55 mile Ambulance ride to Trauma Hospital and no bill from hospital yet. I landed on dirt so no stitches or road rash or concussion ONLY a cracked scapula, 2 cracked ribs, punctured lung, shoulder damage and other minor boo-boos. Bike was FINE and I rode it home 4.5 miles not knowing the injuries I had. Wife took me to ER and that was the last I saw her until she got me from the Trauma Hospital. I got the OK to get back ON THE BIKE 10 days after the crash.

Advice --- land on dirt and make sure it's a bigger animal.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Likes For OldTryGuy: