View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 03:49 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I don't have any complaints about MUPS here in my suburbs where I live and ride...MUPS make my daily commutes a lot easier, and I get to avoid some of the busy arterial roads with speeding cars and distracted drivers plus I get to enjoy some nature along the way. Seeing coywolves early in the morning or evening makes me feel happy...I just don't get it why so many bikeforums cyclists demonize MUPS and other people who use MUPS...I never had problems with walkers, strollers, joggers... and dogs which are on the leash most of the time.
You have been incredibly lucky. I avoid MUPs because far too many people walk their dogs on very long retractable leashes that act as a take-down device for bicyclists when the dog is on one side of the path and the owner/walker is on the other side and the thin leash is across the path and is darn near invisible until you're right on top if it. This is not to mention the ultra-fast riding bicylcists and e-bikers who buzz you as they pass.

Cheers