Old 08-17-09, 07:31 PM
TamaraEden

Bikes: TREK WSD 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
That design borrows heavily from the classic city bike... I believe yours has fenders, rack, and panniers ?

It would look lovely as an IGH equipped bike with a full chaincase... my girlfriend's Breezer is a similar bike that she had retrofitted with one (it already has an igh) or as she calls it... "Dutchified".

It is a seriously heavy bike but she rides this thing in every kind of weather imaginable and has already worn out a set of rims... she also has no trouble spinning it out and does not face too many hills she cannot conquer.

Part of that stems from how you use your muscles as on a city bike as they utilize the glutes more and this is where we have the most power.

The step through design is also nice for almost anyone as it allows for quick dismounts which can be really helpful when you are carrying a good deal of stuff.
What is an IGH? Not one of those skirt protectors is it? I think a chain case would be nice but then when the chain has an issue, isn't that more of a hassle? I do not have fenders and although I like how they look, for now I won't bother. Living in L.A. there is almost never a need for them and if it's raining, I'd likely take my car. Work is only 1.4 miles away so it's not like I sit in traffic or anything in the car .

My guess is your girlfriend is far more fit, athletic, and physically active in general because this bike is not as heavy as the Euro ones and ANY slight grade kicks my butt. I also do have asthma that I take NOTHING for at this point but I was thinking of having my doc do a full asthma work up to see where it's at. Would be nice to feel more stamina in my lungs.

I like the step through for a couple reasons. 1. I go through stages of wearing skirts and I like that I can fanagle getting to and from work in one if I choose. 2. I ride in Hollywood where there is a ton of traffic and obstacles, being able to jump off not just left and right but center is a comfort thing. The space between the seat and bars is quite tight. I'm not petite but not huge I don't think, and when I stand over the step through my boobs definitely are at the handlebars But it's doable. And now that everyone knows about my boobs, I shall run and hide