Old 05-27-21, 07:18 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
I am not saying it is more work. I am saying it feels like it. I am actually working less on the tandem according to my heart rate and watt meter. but it feels like I am working harder then I am. I expected to be working harder but I am actually working less. The same battery gives us about the same range as on my regular bike. so why does it feel harder when I am not working harder? it feels harder to keep my cadence as high and it feels like I am exercising more but I can never get my heart rate as high on the tandem but I feel like It should be higher.
but it is maybe a good thing.last week I did 225 miles between my regular bike and the tandem. like Saturday I did a 30 mile ride on my regular bike then later a 25 miles ride on the tandem and 35 miles Sunday. I was wore out Monday and riding was slow. so it may be best I am not getting my heart rate as high as I may burn myself out. Now that summer is coming I will do my 20 mile commute come home eat and hop o the Tandem for another 15 or more miles every day and ore on weekends.
both bikes have the same electronics use the same batteries we tend to use less power on the tandem overall but I will crank up assist to go up hills faster where I can just power up hills on my regular bike. we use around. I can put out 170 or more watts on my regular bike for 2.5 Horus with my heart rate at 135 bpm. but on the tandem I struggle to do 150 and tend to run around 120 watts at most with a heart rate around 110 to 115. but it feels like I am doing the same work as when I am doing 170 watts on my regular bike.

Last edited by fooferdoggie; 05-27-21 at 07:38 AM.