Old 08-23-21, 06:13 PM
RNAV
Flyin' under the radar

Bikes: '15 LeMond Washoe custom painted, '06 LeMond Croix de fer custom painted, '18 Specialized Crux

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
Bike mounting solutions for truck bed rail -- need help figuring something out.

I'm looking for something a bit different and hope you folks can help. I've got a bed cover with integrated T-slot rails. Yes, I can run crossbars and mount up a tray. The problem is that when I need to transport the bike, I'm also hauling a horse trailer and need to load stuff in/out of the bed, which means the crossbars/bike would be in the way. Yes, I know I could get roof-mounted crossbars, but I'd really rather not spend the money on that when I've got a perfectly good slotted rail, I just need a unique mounting solution.

So, what I want to do is figure out a way to mount a bike on the bed rail, in parallel with the T-slot. If I could do that, then the bike would be out of the way and I could still load stuff in/out of the bed. Unfortunately, everything I can find is setup to mount perpendicular (not parallel) to crossbar T-slots. Here are some pictures of what I'm working with. What are your ideas?