View Single Post
Old 12-13-21, 04:01 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_sr
Thanks for the update. Does Mara have a phone number that is answered (and if so, what is it?) At least Yo would answer the phone. I finalized the build kit with Brad on 10/18 and last heard from him on 11/1. Two recent emails are a week unanswered so far. Looks like I need to try to get hold of Mara

I was in communication with John in early-mid October and I thought that he was going to start on my frame. Then all of a sudden silence. I don't know what happened or maybe they finally realized that finishing a frame was irrelevant without components to mount to it. However, they have known that my build would be a GRX build for a long time and should have had parts on order. Based on current lead times had they been ordered they should be in soon.

BTW, when is your bike due?

Thanks,
Steve
I think your assumptions about parts' availability is not what might be happening. Frame builders have various demands on them from more than just their customers. I wonder if other demands took over for a while. I'll also add that I have known of some builders that would drop the customer if they pestered them too much and others who just do a poor job at communication beyond the amount needed to get the design down. I guess that having been on the other side of the shop counter and have had customers state their expectations when some of the situation is beyond my control, I have some empathy for the builder here. Andy