View Single Post
Old 08-22-22, 05:59 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,363 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by newbert
Hello again guys. Thanks for helping me find the "Grade" Data field and getting it displayed onscreen. But, as is often the case, the answer to one question leads to more question....

Today, I took my first extended ride since adding the "Grade" data field to my screen and NOTHING got displayed in that field (not even "zero"). Note that, although displayed onscreen, "Elevation" was captured. (I sync'ed it to Garmin Connect.) But there was no info for "grade" either during or after the ride.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this isn't working? Note that the ride involved a change in elevation of over 500 feet, so there certainly were positive and negative grades during certain portions..

FWIW, my Garmin 130 Plus is mounted vertically because I'm using it on a recumbent trike. Could that be a problem in communicating with the GPS satellites? I have had no problem with any other info type I'm trying to capture though.

Your continued thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks again!
The grade is usually determined using a barometer and horizontal movement via GPS.

If your device doesn’t have a barometer, it should use GPS. But the elevation data isn’t as accurate.

It’s not a GPS problem if the GPS is determining location.

Do you get elevation?