View Single Post
Old 03-07-23, 06:17 AM
Jtmav

Bikes: Trek Domane al5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 37 Posts
[QUOTE=TejanoTrackie;22821330]So, I went back to the bike shop and spoke with the head honcho, and after much discussion I have decided to buy this bike instead.

It's the same price and specs as the Cervelo, but a bit lighter. The only thing I don't like about it is that the bar and stem are one piece, so I can't rotate the bar to adjust it's position. Also, both the bar and stem are flat on top, so attaching accessories like a bike computer will be a challenge.

[/QUOTE
i started riding during the pandemic when gyms closed and I had an old hybrid bike that got me back in the saddle so to speak. Bikes were hard to come by back then but I was able to get a Trek Domane 5 from my LBS. I love the bike and it’s been a pleasure to ride. Now I’m 71 and my typical ride is 25-30 miles a few times a week. One thing I did was have a professional bike fit and found that to be important to the comfort of the bike and rides. I have a computer mounted as well as lights without issues. I hope you enjoy the bike.