View Single Post
Old 02-02-23, 09:54 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 792 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
I think experienced riders should ask questions when they see bike photos that contain questionable conditions. Notice I didn't say wrong, I said questionable. I'm the first one to suggest that whatever makes someone want to ride their bike is good. But, and Veganbikes pointed this out, sometimes it comes down to safety.

Aesthetic issues are subjective. I have never liked the appearance of a backwards seat post for example. Whether it is a safety issue it unclear to me but it certainly isn't designed to be used that way as far as I'm aware. So for that reason alone I'd seek out other options to obtain a comfortable fit.
RE: Everyone sets their seats how they want ...
Agree, I have not seen anyone use the "backwards" seat post alignment either and my question regarding this choice were ignored.