View Single Post
Old 09-12-21, 04:16 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22603 Post(s)
Liked 8,929 Times in 4,161 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
So… been busy prepping for this foolish executive retreat in Nashville this week and haven’t posted much. Been working another opportunity with a company in PA and really thought the offer would have come through by now, allowing me to bail on this trip, but no luck. I’ve had 10 conversations, but they move pretty slow. With unvaccinated kids I really really don’t want to do this, but the optics of me not going are pretty bad, even if I have a foot out the door.

So rather than being home with my kids, I’m sitting in an airport bar at Albany International hoping I get to and from without somehow being exposed or bringing this stuff home-given the general attitude of the other execs and out CEO, I’m a little nervous. I’ll be wearing 2 masks all week.

in other news, I smoked a 10k yesterday w/ a 7:20 pace- which isn’t bad for a non-runner. I’ve decided that I want to start incorporating more running into my week, I probably could have done this at a 7 flat with a few more miles per week.

wish me luck and no Covid this week!!
Good luck and keep that N95 mask on the entire flight!
Likes For datlas: