View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 10:40 AM
am0n

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by zen_
I have a 54cm. The 56cm frame is 2.2kg, while carbon frames are generally in the 1.2-1.4kg range, and an alloy is somewhere roughly in the middle between those numbers. If you're racing that weight matters, if not, most people tend to put way too much emphasis on gram counting the bike when they are carrying around a bunch of other unnecessary stuff and bags on their gravel bike and / or not considering the rider weight.
Oh, for sure. I can still afford a kilo off my mid section. That said, if it's a small weight difference, I won't care much, but a large difference kind of changes what I am hoping for, which is a bike that can do double duty: gravel bike with bigger tires and a road bike with smaller... but for it to fit that second one, it should be at least comparable to my current.

That said, while Cdale doesn't list on their website, REI has the Topstone 1 at 22.6ish lb. in the "median" frame. That is a 2x, vs. the S2 (1x) at 23.5 lb. Rough estimates are a 2x is about 250 g (so ~0.5 lb) heavier, so 24 vs. 22.6 lb. That's probably not enough I'd care too much if my assumptions are close. That 1.4 lb. is pretty close to what mstate suggested as well.