View Single Post
Old 05-29-22, 09:10 AM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 2,531 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by jiangshi
I'd try something like this if I really wanted chrome:

https://caswellplating.com/electropl...ting-kits.html

That being said, I repainted a Cinelli I have owned since new because the chrome was shot. It no longer has chrome, or China Blue paint.
I, too, have a Cinelli that I had repainted. It was the subject of a long paint/don't paint thread here that garnered a lot of thoughtful replies, as one would expect. It did not get rechromed for reasons too long and boring to go into here. It is that bike that led to my question in this thread.

Based on what I have read here, odds are I will not run this experiment. If I do, I will try it out on a thrashed and/or craptastic old frame first. So all I would need to get is the paint, the right brush(es), and a POS old frame no one cares about. Other than that, I have everything I'd need.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. As usual, some thoughtful responses. It sounds like no one here as used the particular product I asked about. If I try it out, I'll post the results, but don't hold you breath. .