View Single Post
Old 06-08-22, 02:17 PM
pipeliner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts
Wheels…

I was running Hunt 30 carbon wheels on my current bike, had around 2500mi on them. I didn’t care for the excessive wind steer with 45mm tires and the fact that they were only 20mm internal width. When I had a chance to buy a set of Hunt limitless 42 wheels brand new for a major bargain, I went ahead and switched to those. I wanted a more square tire profile and had red several recommendations about how well they handle sidewind even though they have a deeper profile. So all is good, I have no idea how but the wind steer is much better, the tire profile improved handling and allows me to run a bit lower pressure…BUT… the ride kinda sucks. I would not have believed that rim design with low pressure tubeless tires would have any effect on ride quality but the road vibration with these is quite a bit worse. Buzz, call it. Numbs the hands on some roads.

So now I am back in the wheel market again. I really want to hear from experienced riders who actually own and ride 700c wheels in a min internal width of 25mm with 45ish tires. I live where the wind blows a lot so wind steer is a major concern but compliance is as well. Oh, and has to be carbon for durability reasons.