Old 07-22-21, 09:48 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4445 Post(s)
Liked 4,904 Times in 3,035 Posts
Originally Posted by KPREN
Your definitions are irrelevant. E bikes are clearly defined in the USA.

The torque sensing bikes make up about 95% of the world market for e bikes. Only in the western societies does anybody want anything to do with torque sensing Torque sensed bikes are only half an e bike. and I am unaware of any torque sensed systems suitable for heavy work. Torque sensed bikes are for people whom want an exercise machine and somehow cannot get past the stigma of it being an exercise machine. Everyone says they want something that feels like a regular bike, like what? a Huffy. Once you get use to a cadence bike you would never want a torque sensed bike. It only took me 6,000 miles or so to get use to it and never want a torque sensed bike.
Do I go up and down all the time on levels? Yeah, I shift all the time too. My thumb does not feel overworked. There is a world of difference in torque sensing and cadence sensing when you load up the bike and want to do 100+ miles a day with lots of steep climbs. 250 watts max and a 500 watt hour battery on torque sensing is a total no go for heavy work.

Call it what you would like but I have a real e bike capable of actually doing something more than exercise.
I thought this was a cycling forum were the only relevant form of e-bike would be for sport and exercise. Hauling stuff around sounds more like a transport thing to me. An eco alternative to a truck or motorbike.

I’m not knocking your setup by the way. It looks like a cool way of exploring the landscape. It’s just a very different concept to the sort of e-bike I could see myself riding in the future - which is much closer to a conventional bicycle.

Last edited by PeteHski; 07-22-21 at 09:55 AM.
Likes For PeteHski: