View Single Post
Old 06-15-22, 05:06 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4406 Post(s)
Liked 4,857 Times in 3,004 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
I attempted my first century this past weekend getting 85 miles done before sagging in with a cut tire. Physically for the most part I felt well during the ride and the next day had my running partner not been out of town, I may have attempted our usual Sunday run because I felt well. But I thought it best to rest that day and took the dog for a short walk. Monday is a rest day anyway so I stuck to that schedule. However this morning I went out for my usual 3 mile run and was flat. I felt good, but had zero energy so I stopped at .75 mile and walked home.

I'm 57 in reasonably good condition and acclimated to the heat and humidity we are experiencing. How much recovery do others take after a long ride? I seem to be much flatter as far as energy goes than I am after a half or full marathon. Is there anything different that I should try for recovery than I do after a long run?

Thanks
IME I always feel a bit flat if I take several rest days straight after a big ride. I find it better to take a single day off - focusing on nutrition & hydration - and then do an easy ride on the second day. Then I'm usually fully recovered by the third day.
Likes For PeteHski: