Old 05-15-22, 05:46 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10236 Post(s)
Liked 5,183 Times in 2,225 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I spent a bit of time last night, measuring and re-measuring my 5 "modern" bikes (i.e. the ones with STIs/Ergos). Now that I have an Avocet saddle on the Litespeed, I can more easily compare it, because the other 4 have the same saddle. I used a small board, maybe 5" by 10", placed on top of the saddle to standardize the measurements. I started by putting that on the Ritchey and marking the intersection of a line starting at BB center and going along the seat tube. By placing the board in the same place on each saddle, I could now measure saddle height at the same point on all the saddles.

And it turned out that the Litespeed's saddle was about 1cm LOWER than all the others. Also about 1cm farther back. This may explain the mild gluteus medius irritation I felt on Friday - too low and too far back would close down the hip joint. So, 1cm up and 1 cm forward, and it was WAY better. 55 mile ride today with no pain! Just goes to show you, there's a big difference between a fit that "seems okay" and one that's RIGHT.

anyway you can take a picture of how you did this? I know my three bikes are not the same, but I’m also not experiencing pain.