• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10153 Post(s)
Liked 5,849 Times in 3,150 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Credit, then!

The funny ("funny") thing is, it's not that any person was actually a French shower (or my choice, a shower tote, a bag which one would take into the shower, possibly in France). It was the entire system set up for the people running it, and for each person individually more than even a consistent method.

I was told I'd drop her off and then pick her up when she was ready. The automated call said 10am; when she called she was told 9:30 (good thing she called!). Then when I left I was told it would be sometime between 2 and 4, so I was set to have lunch at 1. I was good and hungry at 1220 when they called and asked me to pick her up a snack at Sprouts and bring it, so I did, figuring I could get lunch on the way back. Then when I dropped them off I was asked to go down to the pharmacy to pick up her meds.

Now, the pharmacy meant standing in a 15-minute line, twice. Then the nurse wanted to go over all the meds and instructions, but I did protest and got to go get lunch, but it was egg bites at Starbucks instead of a delicious omelette as I had planned. Good thing I have an understanding boss! And this sort of thing just happened all day; each person told me their part with no greater-scope awareness and no concern for making sure the communication was accurate.

Obviously, I would do whatever needed, but I was plainly not needed for quite much of the day. They wanted me sort of on tap for whenever, for however long, with no warning. Yet each individual person was good.

Bah.

Humbug.
Systems are usually the problem. Glad your mom is okay.
Likes For MoAlpha: