View Single Post
Old 08-05-22, 12:37 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,896 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I gained time on the group chasing them on canada and going down alpine but it wasn't enough to close the gap and catch the draft. On canada I was on the side of the road smoking weed and had to put my stuff away and on alpine they were up the road and I chased a long time, I thought I was going to catch them for a bit there
They're riding along with the benefit of the draft and you're one guy who can't get very aero. Even if you burned enough matches to catch them, you probably couldn't hang on. You might catch them and immediately get spat out again. BTDT. Back in the early 2000s when I was riding with PenVelo, I was riding with the racer group and got split off on Portola. I chased them all the way to Willowbrook before catching them and instantly blew up. The bastard who'd been drafting me uninvited was able to catch them, though. At least he thanked me.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: