Old 03-18-18, 01:24 PM
RichardHaas

Bikes: Schwinn S7, Schwinn '66 cruiser, couple of MTB's

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Men riding a womens bike????

I have a few bikes but the most comfortable for now is a cruiser style bike. Someone gave me a womens mountain bike and am now going through it for maintenance and cleanup.
I have a prosthetic left leg and sometimes the cruiser is a little hard to get on and off by swinging my good or bad leg over the saddle and top rail.
I am just wondering if many men ride a womens bike for ease of getting on and start going. Once I am going, I feel good with the cruiser but it is only a 7 speed and inclines give me a little trouble if I haven't built up enough speed to compensate for the incline.
I am 73 years old and just bike for the exercise and scenery viewing along local greenways. I don't ride roads because I don't trust my riding and others in cars don't seem to care or lookout for a bike rider.
The gearing would be great with the mountain bike since I would have many more to choose from and getting on and off would be a lot better also.
Do many men ride womens bikes**********?
Just something that popped in my head while working on it and just wondering about it.
Any comments about this would be great.

Thanks
Richard