View Single Post
Old 08-01-19, 06:05 PM
anon06

Bikes: Giant Cypress

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks, for the reply, Berner. Yes, I'm aware that cycling is better is certain states, like where my family used to live, in Colorado (one middle school I attended had a big, bicycle parking area, for students and around 20-30 bikes would be parked, there, daily, similar to Netherlands' schools bike parking areas; but, unfortunately, for some reason, in recent years, my old school removed it). I was a little sad about that because I had a great time, cycling to and from school.

Yes, there are cycling clubs in my state, but I'm a cycle commuter and am not able to keep up with the club riders on my hybrid, as they have faster, more expensive road racing bikes (I secretly tried seeing whether I could keep up with them on roads, a few years ago, when they would occasionally cycle through my neighborhood. I couldn't keep up with them on the hills; their bikes climbed more quickly and easily.

I tried lifting a hand and saying "Hello" to the group cyclists, a few times, when we would pass each other in opposite directions, but they ignored me. So, I didn't feel welcome to join them. I don't know whether it was because they mistook me for a child because a lot of people have thought I look young and mistaken me for a teen, or whether they looked down on me because my bike wasn't as good as theirs.

I don't have a car to travel to different club cycle meets, which are held in different parts of the state; there aren't any in my current neighborhood because it's a very small town.

Oh! More replies, while I was writing this post! I'll get to those, later.

Last edited by anon06; 08-01-19 at 06:12 PM.