View Single Post
Old 08-02-19, 08:47 AM
anon06

Bikes: Giant Cypress

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks, for the advice, Clyde! Yeah, I was thinking about possibly choosing another route, which I've done, before, a few times (even though it's a lot more out of my way), but that road also has heavy traffic and is more dangerous because it has a steep curve with a blind spot, where drivers coming from behind could possibly hit me in the lane (not expecting me to be there), with many cars using it as a shortcut to get to the main, secondary highway. And, when going up the hill, the Drivers definitely wouldn't be happy with me cycling, there, either.

The current route I use is more of a straight road, where drivers can more easily see me. It's literally the only main road to get into town (which I also live on), where I need to go.

Police already patrol the main road to pull over speeders, where all these incidences have occurred in the town, but they don't patrol there, often, so when they aren't there, sometimes, drivers take advantage in harassing me.

There is bicycle signage to "share the road," on one main road, but that's in the outskirts of town, where I usually don't need to go (and I don't ride it, often, anymore, due to residents who've repeatedly let their dogs loose (which have barked and chased me), which, unfortunately, is considered to be allowed in the county, as the outskirts don't have a dog leash law). Plus, since there aren't any sidewalks, there, drivers haven't felt the need to honk or shout at me to "use the sidewalk."

I guess I'll have to see whether my old camera might work, as I don't own a newer camera.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies! I really appreciate it, as I still haven't heard from anyone from my local town council, nor from the state cycling group.

Last edited by anon06; 08-02-19 at 09:05 AM.