Old 01-02-20, 05:50 AM
ButchA

Bikes: 1985 Fuji Del Rey, 25" frame, 12 speed

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by billnuke1
Yup! Fuji Del Rey! Just a great riding bicycle! I have the Silver Streak edition. Bought from the original owner who stuck in the clips, went down, put it away, never rode it again...$75.00 at a yard sale...his price! Brought it home...took it apart...horrendous build...tubes all twisted, everything else either too tight or too loose! No shortage of grease though! Put it back together, rode it...fell in love!
I bought mine back in 2015 off Craigslist for a steal. Mine was a "garage queen" for probably 20 years or so. I got it off a college kid here in town who graduated from VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University), it originally was his dad's bike, new in 1985. Long story short, once the kid grew up and went to college, the dad cleaned up the bike and gave it to his kid to ride around campus. Once the kid graduated, he didn't need it anymore and surprisingly enough, the dad didn't want it back. So, the college kid put in on Craigslist. I saw the ad and jumped on it before anyone else. It's darn near in MINT condition!