View Single Post
Old 10-10-22, 04:22 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10429 Post(s)
Liked 11,902 Times in 6,097 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
I’d be irritated AF by that. That’s one thing I like about having trees and not neighbors behind me.
That was one advantage of the back end of our yard when it was all crapped up - privacy. Now it's been cleared, and so have the neighbors' yards, and I can see them sometimes. Luckily, though our yard is flat, theirs are quite steep, so there's not much reason for them to be out there.

As we look at houses, I'm seeing a wide variety of possibilities as far as yards go. If you want "walkable", you're not going to get much yard. If you want a yard, you might have to either give up on walkable or stretch the definition. Oh, and they have an ENTIRELY different definition of "bikeable" - they mean biking to destinations like work or shopping. I mean getting out on the road for 20-60 miles where there are trees and not so damn many cars. I think this may become a bone of contention at some point.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles