View Single Post
Old 07-11-21, 09:28 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
Best wat to determine proper tools?

Hello everyone. I've been into cycling for 3 years. I have the bug pretty bad it seems because I now own 12 bikes including 2 for my wife and 2 for my son. I've acquired a few tools and do all my own cables, brakes, and simple conversion type jobs. I haven't replaced any bottom brackets or head sets yet myself. What I would like is to get the proper tools but it seems that there are a multitude of designs requiring different tools. I could take a couple bikes at a time to my local bike shop for advice but it's an hour and a half away. I would need to make several trips and I hate to bother those guys unless I'm making other purchases.

If I take very good up close pictures, is it possible someone here could help me buy the proper tools, or is it more of a hands on try one after another until you get the correct one type deal where a bike shop with multiple style tools would be necessary? What I really need are bottom bracket tools and cassette-freewheel removal tools. Otherwise I have a fairly good kit of Park Tool equipment.