Old 02-20-21, 11:02 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
Alternatives to the WTB Nano 29x2.1? Wide all around tire

As the title says, looking for a wide do anything tire. I realize of course there will be penalties with wider tires but still want something that moves smooth and fast on pavement and can still handle a bit of single track or rough jeep trails.

I'm trying to limit the bike to 2.1 which gives better margins for mud and riding through with a broken spoke should that randomly happen. From what I've read the Nano is a top rated tire for the Tour Divide which is why I fit it to the wife's bike but now I need one for myself and I'm trying to asses if there's an equal or better that has arisen in the last couple years. This year we'll be riding the adirondacks and touring the Erie Canal with kids in the hopes of prepping to do the great divide in one of the two years following. That's what the bikes are built for and what I'd like the tires to accommodate. Any suggestions?