justcynn

Bikes: Lots of Schwinns

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 114 Posts
Originally Posted by justcynn
PRICE DROP, Get them now before they sell locally or on the Bay

My wife wants to park her car in the garage this winter and she veto'd me renting a storage locker, therefore I must cut my collection in Half I will get pictures added.or PM with any interest in specific bikes and I will take several for you

1988 Schwinn Premis - $275- (25"/63.5 CTC) Very nice Original condition, Suntour Cyclone Groupset (white). bike was advertised at 22 lbs in the Schwinn Catalogue, I weighed this one at 24.3. This bike is not ready to ride, it sits the way they packaged it in 1988. Does not have the original seat, that is the only item not original on this bike.

1985 Schwinn LeTour Luxe - $275 (25"/63.5CM CTC) Metallic Brown Color. This bike is very, very nice. It was third in the touring line up for 1985 behind the Schwinn Voyageur SP and Schwinn Voyageur. It became the Passage in 1986. Original condition survivor, the freewheel needs removed and cleaned. But I did install new Top Cabin Brown Bar tape, new Kenda 27 x 1 3/8 knobby gumwalls. It has a blackburn rack installed. If you want a vintage tourer in really nice original paint, this could be the one!

1990 Bianchi Axis Cyclocross bike - $200 - (need to measure, but its similar size to my 25" Schwinns) very nice original paint, with new Gravel King 700x35, original looking Bianchi Racing Saddle, Suntour XCD, rear wheel needs truing, and the drop bars need reinstalled. I bought it with turkey shifters and had planned to convert it to upright bars, but have since sourced a Suntour Bar Cons that would have been more likely to be original equipment.

1987 Schwinn Prelude - $275 - (25", 63.5CM CTC), another Columbus tenax - this one is Purple, (if it were Ice Pink, would not be for sale) this is a very nice original paint survivor.

1980 All Chrome Schwinn Voyageur 11.8. $525 (25"/63.5 CTC) I have it currently set up with 700x32 and 35 Gravel King SK's on some older 700C wheels. Everything else is original including the Altus Derailleur, Super Maxey Crankset, etc. I also have a set of reprodcution decals that go with it. If you prefer the original wheel set, I could include that instead. I stripped the clear coat, it shines very nicely. Only reason I am selling is I now have two.Chrome Voyageur 11.8's.

all prices on complete bikes priced $250 and above OBO and will come with a generic saddle. If you want a nicer brooks saddle, I can offer you the bike with that for an additional $75- all prices plus actual shipping cost from zip code 72023. Be aware these big frame bikes tend to cost about $120 to ship on Bikeflights.. Buy more than one, and I may be able to meet up with you somewhere if within 600 miles of where I live and I am going there this year. I will be in Iowa for sure at Christmas time and attending a Chiefs game in KC in early October I will discount complete bikes $50 if you choose to pick up, I live in Cabot AR. But Travel (drive) various places from time to time. with family in Iowa, Wisconsin, work in LA, TX, etc

1978 Schwinn LeTour III Frameset - $75. (25" 63.5 CTC) blue color I set this up as a single speed gravel bike and would be wiling to include some of the parts as part of the sale for an additional price if interested in that. Its a nice survivor original paint frame. These frames were made in Japan and have big tire clearance, I was running 700x40MM

1987 Schwinn Voyageur Frameset - $75 (25"/63.5 CTC) Rose Color this one is not as nice as the others, no major rust or dents though just paint is faded, not nearly as nice as a the other bikes I have, Could be built as a survivor with some patina or an excellent candidate for powder coating

1988 Schwinn LeTour - (25"/63.5CM CTC) red color - nice frame, complete bike - $90 pick up only

1987 Schwinn Traveler (25"/63.5CM CTC) Blue color, nice original survivor - $90 pick up only

Venmo or Paypal . I have bought a couple bikes from members and sold a couple as well to members here and on eBay. I will do my best to package your purchase with the utmost care.

thanks for looking. Please help me not have to scrape my wifes windshield this winter
Originally Posted by obrentharris
I'm a little confused here. (not unusual for me)
You list the sizes as center to center but didn't Schwinn measure center to top?

Also, if these bikes are in nice shape, I believe some good photos would help you to move some of them along.
Brent
Schwinn Marketed their Lightweight Bikes as 19", 23", 25" etc. The bikes I have listed here are in fact 63.5MM middle of bottom bracket to top of seat tube. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the suggestion on pics. I have been emailing and texting pics to interested parties as well, are there any bikes you are interested in?