Jharrington
Jharrington

Bikes: Various

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
My comment was in response to your statement about Bicycling magazine's Best Buy selection. The Yokota model which was designated a Best Buy in 1991 was the Twin Peaks, not the Mariposa as you stated. I apologize for any confusion.
O.K. Now I understand your comment but you miss understood mine about the Mariposa. I saw a comment where the Yosemite was described as a Hybrid. The Yosemite was a Mountain Bike and the Mariposa was a Hybrid at roughly the same price point, but quite a different bikes. Your memory is better than mine. I’ll have to break out my bound editions of Bicycling to get my years correct. The Yosemite and the TwinPeaks were both seevted as “Best Buys” by Bicycling but not in the same year. You pointed out that in 1991 the Twin Peaks was designated a “Best Buy”. Then the Yosemite won that distinction in a prior year. 1990 maybe, the Yosemite was the first Yokota to get the “Best “Buy” designation. I’ll have to look. It’s been a long time and so many other products since then. Thanks for keeping the record straight.