View Single Post
Old 10-28-19, 09:50 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Winter gloves - gloves for *REAL* winter

I've enjoyed a pair of Pearl Izumi Pro winter gloves for many years. It appears I lost them at The Filthy 50

Do I replacing them with another pair of PI gloves or 45NRTH?

45NRTH Sturfist 4 are $130 - I'm leaning this way since 45NRTH is a hometown brand

Pearl Izumi P.R.O. AmFIB Super Glove are $120 - Can't discount the many happy winter miles with PI gloves

Please let me know if you're riding with either of these glove - I'd like to hear your cheers and jeers.

I'll share my personal history with the PI gloves. I've used them through four Minnesota winters. I find them warm enough that I don't need pogies, even in sub-zero temps (plus I can't use average pogies on the drop-bar Pug). I like that the insulation in these gloves, it keeps hands warm when wet with sweat or what ever you see in the pic below. They've held up in the worst conditions (again, reference below).

The PI glove on their last ride (keeping my hands warm) at the 2019 Filthy 50

Photo credit Markman Outdoor Photography

Footnote - I have a message out to the lost and found, the race organizer (riding buddy). He's is out of town and will let me know if he has them when he's back home.

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 10-28-19 at 10:24 AM.