Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Had a break in - lots of C&V stuff stolen

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Had a break in - lots of C&V stuff stolen

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-23, 11:01 AM
Duo
Banned.

Bikes: The Good Book of bicycling

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
the lesson i learned after loosing my road bike in the 80's is to get back in the saddle and ride. it took me years to get over my loss but the loss was the small part.

it was the loss of exercise and all the goes with riding a nice bike.

after getting married, i bought a shwinn high sierra and another bike for my wife. whatever you lose in life, just keep going; bicycles are replaceable and i don't need a high end anything, mostly i use 'good enuf' stuff. it's your life and purpose that is most important. the pain eventually goes away and hopefully some lessons are learned.

i had to learn to always lock my bike and at work always lock my tool chest......i used to work next to the shop tool thief and everyone knew who he was.
Old 02-07-23, 09:15 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
So the guy had already unloaded everything, and it's "gone?"

So sorry. Again- best luck for recovery and hope you can get some insurance help with it.

I doubt it, but there was a second person in the truck on the security camera that night and speculation is stuff was likely stashed at another location- possibly the buddie’s place who hasn’t been identified yet that I know of.

I was hopeful initially but now it’s been almost 2 weeks. I filled out an itemized list as best I could for the police But even they said that most smart criminals Avoid pawnshops with a big ticket items because there’s some kind of reporting net work. I don’t believe this gentleman in question was smart or are but if he had any way to alert a buddy to dump the loot he probably would have by now
Likes For DMC707:
Old 02-07-23, 09:23 AM
DMC707

Originally Posted by Duo
the lesson i learned after loosing my road bike in the 80's is to get back in the saddle and ride. it took me years to get over my loss but the loss was the small part.

it was the loss of exercise and all the goes with riding a nice bike.

after getting married, i bought a shwinn high sierra and another bike for my wife. whatever you lose in life, just keep going; bicycles are replaceable and i don't need a high end anything, mostly i use 'good enuf' stuff. it's your life and purpose that is most important. the pain eventually goes away and hopefully some lessons are learned.

i had to learn to always lock my bike and at work always lock my tool chest......i used to work next to the shop tool thief and everyone knew who he was.
Thank you for the kind words and I understand the sentiment. I will say that in life I have been blessed with plenty of “stuff” , but stuff will never take care of you when you’re sick, tuck you in bed and kiss you on the cheek like a spouse will, giggle hysterically while playing hide and go seek like a young daughter, or simultaneously listen to your problems and attempt to steal your hamburger at the same time like a dog will do (or ignore you like a cat &#128514

I’ve still got plenty of stuff to ride when I want to go for a spin, so that’s not a problem. I guess I’m just a bit more aware now.
Old 02-07-23, 09:30 AM
DMC707

Originally Posted by santa fe 2926
Great

Recently had Dewayne check the frame alignment on a Peugeot Dolomites. Nice to meet him at his new shop. Years ago had my Roberts 1978-9 touring frame built up at Buchanans.
Awesome! That Roberts was back when Fred was running that shop I assume? And I have met the new proprietor of Buchanan’s on a couple of occasions and spent a few bucks on a lighting system as well as referred a friend to go buy a new specialized mountain bike there. We got to help out our small bike shops when we can Because it would be a sad day if all we had were mega bikemartsand places like trek corporate stores. (Which we have already seen downtown)
Old 02-07-23, 01:13 PM
santa fe 2926 

Bikes: 1985 Roberts SLX, Mercian 531, 1984 Torpado SLX,1981/82 Peugeot PSV-10, 1978 Charlie Roberts full touring, 1970 Charlie Roberts 531 road.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Awesome! That Roberts was back when Fred was running that shop I assume? And I have met the new proprietor of Buchanan’s on a couple of occasions and spent a few bucks on a lighting system as well as referred a friend to go buy a new specialized mountain bike there. We got to help out our small bike shops when we can Because it would be a sad day if all we had were mega bikemartsand places like trek corporate stores. (Which we have already seen downtown)
Sorry about the break in. Hope for recovery of lost items. Anyway, yes that was back when Fred was running the shop. Always enjoyed a trip to Norman, and visit Buchanan Bikes. Still have the original TA crankset on the bike! Had a lovely visit to Norman to pickup the Peugeot from Dewayne, first getting a coffee at Grey Owl. Hadn’t been there in years, great coffee shop, a cooperative (isn’t that a felony in Oklahoma?), lovely ‘Grateful Dead’ vibe. And there were some Freddie handmade bikes hanging on the walls, which I don’t remember seeing.

Braised Freddie, 1985 or so?

Super Record

Couldn’t identify this older bike, Simplex suicide front derailleur shifter!
Old 02-07-23, 02:56 PM
nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts
Keep an eye on any internet based business (like Pros Closet) that buys stuff through email and pictures. Most are "no questions asked". We had a bike theft ring operating locally a couple years ago. The smart ones take it or send it out of state immediately.