Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Any tall people looking for a Gios road bike?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Any tall people looking for a Gios road bike?

Old 08-15-22, 09:10 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4196 Post(s)
Liked 2,912 Times in 1,781 Posts
Holy wow, that is a big frame. I opened the thread looking for someone saying they'd found a good deal on a 65 of 66 cm bike and started doing math in my head about how I could fit one (I prefer 62-64) and what my budget was (and how I could slip one more in past my wife) and then I started scrolling down and kept scrolling down and kept scrolling down and the bike just kept going. Wow. Yeah, that's big.
Old 08-15-22, 09:49 AM
albrt 

Bikes: 1964(?) Frejus Tour de France, 1967(?) Dawes Double Blue, 1979 Trek 710, 1982 Claud Butler Dalesman, 1983 Schwinn Paramount Elite, 2014 Brompton, maybe a couple more

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 669 Times in 324 Posts
Oh. Nevermind.
Old 08-15-22, 01:16 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked 2,465 Times in 1,030 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
interesting tip with the knees.

do you have/tried any modern xxl frames?
I have a largest-size steel road Ritchey Break-Away, which is not really my size but I can make work with the appropriate seat post and stem. I haven't had it up to sufficient speed where a speed wobble might kick in. Since the frame is small for me and since it has a sloping top tube, I'm not sure I could clamp my knees on it. Maybe my upper shins . . . .
Old 08-15-22, 03:19 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
What I love about bikes like is one is that they make my 64cm bikes look perfectly proportioned.
There's a guy over here selling two frames from German builder Krautscheid. I came across the ads looking for a Columbus Max fork, first I was wondering why did anyone leave 28cm steerer on the fork (my brain simply ruled out the obvious answer):

So this is the "smaller" 63cm - no info if C-T or CC, not that it matters but as big as it looks, it will look normal after a glance on the third pic.

And this big boy is 68 cms,

I have no clue if Krautscheid also made it to some basketball player, but told my friend these must have been the childrens bikes of the Yeti and Chewbacca for after school playing.