Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Raleighs, which is the better bike?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Vintage Raleighs, which is the better bike?

Old 06-25-22, 02:49 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,071 Times in 633 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiny_Valkyrie
That's a good point too. I was just excited to find a complete Raleigh mixte here locally and in such good condition. I know I won't be able to keep both. They are both great finds, IMO which makes it hard to decide what to ultimately hold on too. One could argue that I already have bikes great for commuting, but how could you overlook to opportunity to add a nice vintage ride to the stable?
I hear that loud and clear. If you were local, I'd be tempted to pass this recent find on to you. (don't worry, it will look a lot different when I'm through)

Old 06-26-22, 07:06 AM
Tiny_Valkyrie

Bikes: Custom 2020 MaHall bikeworks gravel machine, 2021 Tumbleweed Prospector, 2019 Niner Air9 RDO, 2017 Norco Tactic, 1969 Raleigh Sports, 2020 Surly Troll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 52telecaster
Cool you're a bit of a wrench. It makes all things bicycle possible. 3 speeds, aluminium rims and lower gears make for a terrific city bike. This is my thusly prepared 1973 supercourse.
That's a really nice Supercourse! The sky is the limit on modifications. If I hood on to the Record Ace is like to rebuild the rims to aluminum. I could also upgrade it to an internal hub as well if I really want to, then it would very comparable to the Sports.
Likes For Tiny_Valkyrie:
Old 06-26-22, 07:12 AM
Tiny_Valkyrie

Bikes: Custom 2020 MaHall bikeworks gravel machine, 2021 Tumbleweed Prospector, 2019 Niner Air9 RDO, 2017 Norco Tactic, 1969 Raleigh Sports, 2020 Surly Troll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Finally able to post some pictures. These were taken before I cleaned up the frame and stripped it down.

Last edited by Tiny_Valkyrie; 06-26-22 at 12:04 PM.
Likes For Tiny_Valkyrie:
Old 06-26-22, 12:26 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1953 Post(s)
Liked 3,633 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiny_Valkyrie
Finally able to post some pictures. These were taken before I cleaned up the frame and stripped it down.

Mixtes rock!
Likes For 52telecaster: