Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Found a bottle of vodka in a dumpster on a ride, you?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Found a bottle of vodka in a dumpster on a ride, you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-22, 12:08 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
y'all are trashing him for drinking it! lol. That is society

Where did I do that? I'm not the one who called him a degenerate, you are.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-06-22, 01:44 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked 3,412 Times in 1,783 Posts
Originally Posted by Reflector Guy
We need to stop pretending Larry and the OP are two different people.
I've often wondered who "Larry" really is. You have to admit it is the most creative, and probably the most long-running, sock-puppet/troll at least in recent history.

Invoking the "Big Gravel" conspiracy theory, as well as the copper tubing areo bars, are kind of a give-away, but in general it has been extremely well-played.

Last edited by Polaris OBark; 07-06-22 at 01:50 PM.
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 07-06-22, 02:29 PM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
I'm glad this thread is as awesome as I thought it might be and has degenerated into a large group saying that drinking a half empty bottle of vodka is disgusting (it is) and a small but vocal minority defending it.

I'm wondering if some sterno bum rubbed the mouth of the bottle on his gooch or used it to give himself a straight from the bottle enema, drooled his Herpes onto it or something else equally disgusting.

Just say no folks.
Old 07-06-22, 02:31 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
I've often wondered who "Larry" really is. You have to admit it is the most creative, and probably the most long-running, sock-puppet/troll at least in recent history.

Invoking the "Big Gravel" conspiracy theory, as well as the copper tubing areo bars, are kind of a give-away, but in general it has been extremely well-played.
You, sir, may actually be Inspector Clouseau…or is it Clueso.
Likes For Badger6:
Old 07-06-22, 03:04 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18398 Post(s)
Liked 15,495 Times in 7,317 Posts
Originally Posted by rdmonster69
i'm glad this thread is as awesome as i thought it might be and has degenerated into a large group saying that drinking a half empty bottle of vodka fished out of a dumpster is disgusting (it would be if it actually happened, but it didn’t) and a small but vocal minority defending.
fify
Old 07-06-22, 03:25 PM
KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 186 Posts

I've actually greeting Larry around five times across the road during my rides, always between Canada Road and Sand Hill Road area. He acknowledged on the forums the first time I waved hi back and told me that I was "booking it" so I took that as a confirmation that he is, in fact, a real person. He is exactly as described/imagined.

I have waved at him on two other occasions since the initial three greetings and he did not wave back. I'm assuming his BF celebrity has gone to his head and he's too good to wave hi anymore.
Old 07-06-22, 03:28 PM
m.c. 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
If this is real I hope he is making some sort of income from his finds and this isn't a junk hoarding situation; in one thread he mentioned cycling with a weed trimmer attached to himself, I think there was an automobile muffler mentioned somewhere, here we have vodka, a knife, a hatchet and old hats.
Old 07-06-22, 03:32 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2695 Post(s)
Liked 485 Times in 350 Posts

If I make another account it will probably be another character from the Big Lebowski, Larry is the kid who was stonewalling walter
Old 07-06-22, 03:32 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4929 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
I needed some chuckles today. This thread delivered.

Just to check in on the topic...The number of times I have investigated dumpster contents during a bike ride = 0.
Old 07-06-22, 03:34 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2695 Post(s)
Liked 485 Times in 350 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ43
I've actually greeting Larry around five times across the road during my rides, always between Canada Road and Sand Hill Road area. He acknowledged on the forums the first time I waved hi back and told me that I was "booking it" so I took that as a confirmation that he is, in fact, a real person. He is exactly as described/imagined.

I have waved at him on two other occasions since the initial three greetings and he did not wave back. I'm assuming his BF celebrity has gone to his head and he's too good to wave hi anymore.
Im genuinely sorry for not waving at you, you must have got me on a bad day or something
Old 07-06-22, 03:39 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11954 Post(s)
Liked 6,611 Times in 3,469 Posts
This thread is about done, I'll remove the temptation for more of you to get yourselves in trouble.