Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Riding on the road when there’s bike lanes

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Riding on the road when there’s bike lanes

Old 10-25-22, 04:17 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
up ahead, the bike lane has it's own light, separate from the 3 lanes to the left

Technically, I think the bike lane here is considered part of the Minuteman, which swerves right at the upcoming corner. Bikes going straight on Mass. Ave. are supposed to go left of the turn lane (see sharrow).
Old 10-25-22, 12:18 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5216 Post(s)
Liked 3,555 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Technically, I think the bike lane here is considered part of the Minuteman, which swerves right at the upcoming corner. Bikes going straight on Mass. Ave. are supposed to go left of the turn lane (see sharrow).
one of my favorite road crossings. sometimes the lights are in my favor. almost never disappoints for some whacky fun. note the left hand signal for turning right toward the end

Last edited by rumrunn6; 10-25-22 at 12:22 PM.
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 10-25-22, 02:53 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
one of my favorite road crossings. sometimes the lights are in my favor. almost never disappoints for some whacky fun. note the left hand signal for turning right toward the end
https://youtu.be/ed4i_YRMH8U

Going the other direction, the cyclists, joggers and scooterers filtering around Uncle Sam can be quite entertaining.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 10-25-22, 06:24 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5216 Post(s)
Liked 3,555 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Going the other direction, the cyclists, joggers and scooterers filtering around Uncle Sam can be quite entertaining.
haha yeah. it's a weird vortex funneling them all in thru the narrower passage