Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

From NYC to Montreal

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

From NYC to Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 09:37 PM
Freakin'Chickin

Bikes: 97 Rocky Mountain Whistler commuter/tourer - 04 Devinci Phantom hardtail - 89 Italo-Japanese road bike - 2010 Pivot Mach 429 29er - Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fatbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
April used to be a very crappy/silly weathered month to ride into, but then I am in Quebec City, a few degrees up north more than Montreal. It still is but it gets better as spring turn on more and more earlier. Early april could mean sleet and occasionally some light flurries, cold rain is a big possibility, and wind, of course. By mid april the weather is turning to a nicer state, slowly but steadily. Usually temps are around 5-10 deg.C. But I can be crazy hot: we have skied last spring, March 22nd in 24degrees (I mean 75 deg ). Just be prepared for any kind of weather, which could mean lots of gear. Oh, and you never know, while in Vt, if you are gaining altitude, that could mean snow too!

I don't know for anything else that could be useful, I just know the Eastern Townships and Monteregie region pretty well. Those are the places to ride a road bike in Quebec: rolling countryside, lots of nice villages, and a huge bunch of itineraries with the Route Verte and various cycle paths around. Enjoy!