Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Death on foot: America's love of SUV is killing pedestrians (article).

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Death on foot: America's love of SUV is killing pedestrians (article).

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-18, 07:46 PM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Feldman
Hell, yeah, I want what kind of car I can drive regulated. It should be impossible to buy a vehicle (or legally modify an existing one) that poses a greater than usual danger to other road users. Near here, a few years ago, four kids in a Honda Accord were rear ended by a raised Jeep--two fatalities. The Jeep's bumper was able to penetrate the passenger compartment of the Honda. The car you drive affects other peoples' lives whether you like realizing that or not. If you think that car choice shouldn't be regulated then you are a bigger ****ing moron than Donald Trump.
Thank you very much. I hadn't realized that anyone was a bigger moron than Trump, but I suppose we have that settled now.

I am always happy to know there is someone around that is able and willing to run my life for me.
Old 07-28-18, 03:54 AM
downhillmaster

Liked 780 Times in 404 Posts
Originally Posted by Feldman
Hell, yeah, I want what kind of car I can drive regulated. It should be impossible to buy a vehicle (or legally modify an existing one) that poses a greater than usual danger to other road users. Near here, a few years ago, four kids in a Honda Accord were rear ended by a raised Jeep--two fatalities. The Jeep's bumper was able to penetrate the passenger compartment of the Honda. The car you drive affects other peoples' lives whether you like realizing that or not. If you think that car choice shouldn't be regulated then you are a bigger ****ing moron than Donald Trump.
Snowflake in a smart car alert
Old 07-29-18, 08:45 AM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by downhillmaster

Snowflake in a smart car alert
Yea, and I rise to the bait.