Notices
Fixed Gear Freestyle Trickbikes and Freestylers, here's your home! Here, you can discuss the ins and outs of building and riding these bikes.

Crew FGFS

Old 12-15-20, 02:19 PM
Afcyclestx
RiseUpRideHardGrindOn

Bikes: Throne Tracklord, Throne Phantom, IRO, Haro V1 SS Conversion, Vintage Specialized Rockhopper SS Conversion, Raleigh Carlton, Stolen BMX, Gravity Deadeye 29er, Vintage Ironhorse 26” FG Conversion, State Megalith, Pure Fix steel, Trek 7500,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Crew FGFS

Someone is offering me a Crew Defender 2020 stock for $200
Anyone have any experience with this bike?
Old 12-28-20, 02:17 PM
Fredo_Adagio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts
Crew produces frames, forks, and other bike parts. If you are buying a complete bike, the build will be dependent on the company that built it up. City Grounds is one company that sells Crew bikes that they build up. There are probably other companies that do the same.

I have a Crew District that I bought from City Grounds. I am very happy with it.
Likes For Fredo_Adagio:
Old 12-29-20, 03:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4262 Post(s)
Liked 3,874 Times in 2,585 Posts
It is a relatively cheap bike with mostly lower end components but if in good shape the bike officially retails for $400 so $200 may not be terrible. Apparently the frame is chromoly probably something generic but still better than hi-ten. If the bikes fits you, you enjoy it and have the money, you should go for it. Me personally I wouldn't bother I would save up for something different. It looks like you have enough bikes on that side of the spectrum you should treat yourself to something more on the custom end. Live a little.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 12-29-20, 07:12 PM
Afcyclestx
RiseUpRideHardGrindOn

Bikes: Throne Tracklord, Throne Phantom, IRO, Haro V1 SS Conversion, Vintage Specialized Rockhopper SS Conversion, Raleigh Carlton, Stolen BMX, Gravity Deadeye 29er, Vintage Ironhorse 26” FG Conversion, State Megalith, Pure Fix steel, Trek 7500,

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
My Defender

Got it for $150 and swapped bars and sprocket
bars were ugly imho
sprocket was noodle leg city
thanks for the responses

Dyno vintage cruiser bars.

BMX 44t sprocket
Likes For Afcyclestx:
Old 12-29-20, 10:09 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

The sprocket on it was designed more for BMX/FGFS than riding as a commuter style bike. This is not the bike I would want for my actual normal day to day riding. For doing tricks and stuff sure could be fun but that is where the smaller sprockets and BMX parts come in. Easier to do tricks with. Granted I suck at tricks. I used to do more as a kid but never got serious enough to learn much or go anywhere with it. It is a shame BMX could have been quite rewarding.

Those tires look good though but I am a sucker for tan wall stuff.
Old 12-30-20, 10:29 AM
Afcyclestx
RiseUpRideHardGrindOn

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Same here

Originally Posted by veganbikes
The sprocket on it was designed more for BMX/FGFS than riding as a commuter style bike. This is not the bike I would want for my actual normal day to day riding. For doing tricks and stuff sure could be fun but that is where the smaller sprockets and BMX parts come in. Easier to do tricks with. Granted I suck at tricks. I used to do more as a kid but never got serious enough to learn much or go anywhere with it. It is a shame BMX could have been quite rewarding.

Those tires look good though but I am a sucker for tan wall stuff.
I too suck at tricks and just wanted a bike to ride around and bunny hop a little. It was a park setup for sure but is exactly where I like it now. 44/16 ratio is still a lot different than my 52/17 Throne setup. I almost want to switch it back because the 1/2 link chain it came with was beefy and looked tough. I have a problem with wanting to custom my bikes as soon as I get them. Oh well, I’ll ride this for a while until it sells (I have it posted for 350) or I get tired of the ratio, if I do...
Old 12-30-20, 01:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Afcyclestx
I too suck at tricks and just wanted a bike to ride around and bunny hop a little. It was a park setup for sure but is exactly where I like it now. 44/16 ratio is still a lot different than my 52/17 Throne setup. I almost want to switch it back because the 1/2 link chain it came with was beefy and looked tough. I have a problem with wanting to custom my bikes as soon as I get them. Oh well, I’ll ride this for a while until it sells (I have it posted for 350) or I get tired of the ratio, if I do...
Then go full custom. Get yourself something high end and nice and made for you. Enjoy life a bit more. Sell this and get what you want fully. No more compromises.

For me that will likely be this: https://www.rencycles.com/yarak with a little bit of custom treatment because he can and I want it. However I will be waiting probably till mid to late next year to do it if I go for it.
Old 12-30-20, 02:49 PM
Afcyclestx
RiseUpRideHardGrindOn

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Nice!

Then go full custom. Get yourself something high end and nice and made for you. Enjoy life a bit more. Sell this and get what you want fully. No more compromises.

For me that will likely be this: https://www.rencycles.com/yarak with a little bit of custom treatment because he can and I want it. However I will be waiting probably till mid to late next year to do it if I go for it.
I think this is cool af. I even love the definition he has for it. I’m picky about bikes but this has my interest.
Old 12-30-20, 02:54 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Afcyclestx
I think this is cool af. I even love the definition he has for it. I’m picky about bikes but this has my interest.
It got me hooked right away. Plus Dave (who runs Ren and TiCycles amongst other companies) has been doing this for a while so knows his stuff. I have seen a few fixed gears in titanium and none of them really had the look I wanted and then I saw the Yarak and was like, YES PLEASE!
Old 12-31-20, 05:41 PM
Fredo_Adagio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts

Cool bike!

It reminds me of my Crew District. I didn't see a price stated on the website, but I'm sure it will be way more expensive.

Of course, I wouldn't get overly focused on price. If you can afford the bike that your really want, go ahead and get it. If you have a bike that your really like, you are more likely to ride it.
Old 12-31-20, 09:09 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Fredo_Adagio
Cool bike!

It reminds me of my Crew District. I didn't see a price stated on the website, but I'm sure it will be way more expensive.

Of course, I wouldn't get overly focused on price. If you can afford the bike that your really want, go ahead and get it. If you have a bike that your really like, you are more likely to ride it.
Judging by the prices of his geared bikes not super expensive for handbuilt titanium. Their Ivan is $1895 for the frame only which is not cheap but not ridiculously expensive again for handbuilt USA made high quality titanium frames.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 06-08-21, 03:56 PM
2021BNero

Bikes: Bianchi Nero 57cm (2021 model)

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
it's about a $400 bike.
Old 06-10-21, 08:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by 2021BNero
it's about a $400 bike.
Cool you are only 6 months late to this dormant thread.