Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Thread for Specialized Sirrus

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Thread for Specialized Sirrus

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-21, 04:53 PM
LazyMike

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale Synapse, 2019 Specialized Sirrus Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GeoffNA
In West Philadelphia, born and raised...

Drove from Providence to Philly to pick up this beauty, and it was well worth it. After a few mods, she is nothing but fun.

Sirrus X 5.0 Redwood (like a burnt orange)
  • Ergon GP4 grips
  • SQLab inner bar ends
  • S-Works carbon seat post
  • Race Face Chester pedals

I’ve got SQLab 30X carbon bars I want to try, a raised stem experimentation, and most definitely a new saddle, but right now, the bike is a blast.

The most pleasant surprise, the inner bar ends. Brings the feeling of hoods to drop bars. I love ‘em.

Nice, this is the color I want.
How did you find it?
Likes For LazyMike:
Old 04-10-21, 09:15 PM
GeoffNA

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 5.0 (2021)

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
I searched Specialized site for nearby stores. Closest to me was five hours. I called to confirm and ordered it. It’s tough.
Likes For GeoffNA:
Old 04-12-21, 07:42 AM
Sal Bandini

Bikes: 2017 Sirrus Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
The most pleasant surprise, the inner bar ends. Brings the feeling of hoods to drop bars. I love ‘em.
Agreed. Once I got them I decided I didn't need a drop bar bike. It just took a little getting used to since they make your grip much narrower.
Old 04-17-21, 07:42 PM
Way2Slow

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 5.0

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts

I was starting to develop some knee pain and all the little tweaks in adjustment I tried to make didn't help so I decided to go get fitted. Changed my stem to 75mm 14deg, saddle, and added Roval C38s with Roubaix Pro 2BR tires. Ride is definitely a lot smoother as far as flow, shaved off about 1 1/2lbs with the wheel/tire change - currently 21lbs. Next upgrade will be carbon cranks and bars!
Old 04-18-21, 06:02 AM
MrWasabi

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Traverse 1.3, 2020 Electra Cruiser 1, 1995 Giant CFM-4

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Way2Slow

I was starting to develop some knee pain and all the little tweaks in adjustment I tried to make didn't help so I decided to go get fitted. Changed my stem to 75mm 14deg, saddle, and added Roval C38s with Roubaix Pro 2BR tires. Ride is definitely a lot smoother as far as flow, shaved off about 1 1/2lbs with the wheel/tire change - currently 21lbs. Next upgrade will be carbon cranks and bars!
I like your bike a lot and am looking at a Sirrus X (or Trek FX 1x) if I can ever find one. Did your CG-R seatpost come with it? I don't see it on the latest Sirrus models.
Old 04-18-21, 06:15 AM
Way2Slow

Originally Posted by MrWasabi
I like your bike a lot and am looking at a Sirrus X (or Trek FX 1x) if I can ever find one. Did your CG-R seatpost come with it? I don't see it on the latest Sirrus models.
Thanks, I added the seatpost a while back.
Likes For Way2Slow:
Old 04-18-21, 07:47 AM
ArneDarvin

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 2.0

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrWasabi
I like your bike a lot and am looking at a Sirrus X (or Trek FX 1x) if I can ever find one.
Though I am not in the market, I like to look. Last night I was poking around at this website: Trek Bikes Florida and I mention it because I noticed your location.
You might want to see if any of the locations have what you're looking for. I saw that inventory levels are slowly rising. Though the Specialized bikes are still at very low levels.
I hope this helps!
Likes For ArneDarvin:
Old 04-19-21, 08:28 AM
GeoffNA

In West Philadelphia, born and raised...

Drove from Providence to Philly to pick up this beauty, and it was well worth it. After a few mods, she is nothing but fun.

Sirrus X 5.0 Redwood (like a burnt orange)
  • Ergon GP4 grips
  • SQLab inner bar ends
  • S-Works carbon seat post
  • Race Face Chester pedals

I’ve got SQLab 30X carbon bars I want to try, a raised stem experimentation, and most definitely a new saddle, but right now, the bike is a blast.

I replaced the stock bars with SQLab 30X carbon, 12* backsweep, 45mm rise. I also cut 80mm off. What a difference. Ride has smoothed out considerably. The rise and sweep provide for a more comfortable, controlled ride while retaining the aggressive geometry. Alos swapped out the GP4's for SQLab 710 grips. Looking to get an SQLab saddle if I can ever find the one I want.
Likes For GeoffNA:
Old 04-19-21, 12:54 PM
Way2Slow

I replaced the stock bars with SQLab 30X carbon, 12* backsweep, 45mm rise. I also cut 80mm off. What a difference. Ride has smoothed out considerably. The rise and sweep provide for a more comfortable, controlled ride while retaining the aggressive geometry. Alos swapped out the GP4's for SQLab 710 grips. Looking to get an SQLab saddle if I can ever find the one I want.
Did you by chance weigh your seatpost? Bike looks great!
Old 04-19-21, 04:43 PM
GeoffNA

Originally Posted by Way2Slow
Did you by chance weigh your seatpost? Bike looks great!
I didn't, although now you have me wishing I had. If I had to guess, it is probably in 200-225g range. I say that based on the Roval Terra carbon being 194g at 330mm, and mine is 350mm.
Old 04-19-21, 05:12 PM
Way2Slow

I didn't, although now you have me wishing I had. If I had to guess, it is probably in 200-225g range. I say that based on the Roval Terra carbon being 194g at 330mm, and mine is 350mm.
Ok, I thought I weighed mu CG-R but must not have written it down. Not I have to pull mine and weigh it lol
Old 04-25-21, 07:54 PM
6ixof1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First post

Hello all
I got a Sirrus 4.0 back in February. I've been tweaking the fit little by little as it felt cramped after I brought it home from the LBS. It's a large and I'm 60 years old 6'1". I swapped the out the stock 170 crank for a 172.5 and a 120 stem from the stock 80. It feels much better now. My other bikes are a Tarmac SL6 and a Bianchi BOSS. I am trying to make the Sirrus a bridge between the two. It's unlikely it'll be as fun as the Bianchi. My carbon wheels should be delivered this week. Can't wait!
Old 04-25-21, 08:37 PM
bobthebike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Carbon wheels on a hybrid? Those probably cost as much as the bike.
Likes For bobthebike:
Old 04-26-21, 08:04 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,180 Times in 770 Posts
Originally Posted by bobthebike
Carbon wheels on a hybrid? Those probably cost as much as the bike.
Not if you look in the right places. You can pick up carbon wheels for a bike like that for about $1000

https://www.speedgearbike.com/439078...?catid=1192986
Old 04-29-21, 05:34 PM
waxcrazy

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Brake cable rub

Anybody come up with a solution where the brake cable rubs on the head tube?
Old 04-30-21, 05:01 AM
GeoffNA

Originally Posted by waxcrazy
Look at mine above in this thread. I simply loosened the brake clamp and flipped it around. It sticks out a bit now but I don’t even notice it anymore.
Old 04-30-21, 08:17 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,180 Times in 770 Posts
Originally Posted by waxcrazy
https://www.amazon.com/Lizard-Skins-...s%2C189&sr=8-4
Old 04-30-21, 09:21 AM
ejewels

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by justbob
So today I drove the 100 miles (one way) to see a Sirrus x 4.0. Nice bike but large, as others cautioned, was too big. I have put my name on their list to buy a medium. Their dealer access to Specialized indicated April or May possible delivery. But cautioned could be the end of 2021 due to the way things are now.
You're 5'11" and the large was too big? Size chart for a large starts at 5'9. Medium stops at 5'9. Maybe you just prefer smaller bikes. I'm 5'10 and the medium felt too small.
Old 04-30-21, 09:32 AM
Sal Bandini

Bikes: 2017 Sirrus Sport

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ejewels
You're 5'11" and the large was too big? Size chart for a large starts at 5'9. Medium stops at 5'9. Maybe you just prefer smaller bikes. I'm 5'10 and the medium felt too small.
I'm also 5'10" and ride a large. However, I think I have shorter legs so it is almost too big for me. I sort of crotch the bar. I rode a medium but it was almost too small. I got used to the large, but i suppose I would've also got used to the medium.
Old 04-30-21, 09:38 AM
ejewels

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sal Bandini
I'm also 5'10" and ride a large. However, I think I have shorter legs so it is almost too big for me. I sort of crotch the bar. I rode a medium but it was almost too small. I got used to the large, but i suppose I would've also got used to the medium.
Standover height is a thing of the past. These top tubes slope down nowadays. But yeah if your crotch is touching really easy I can see that. I have long legs and arms so the large was a must even though its slightly larger than smaller for me. All other bikes like my MTB I am on a medium because I prefer it to be more maneuverable. For a sirrus/bike path bike I prefer larger and more stable.
Old 04-30-21, 11:17 AM
GeoffNA

I'm 5'-10" and ride a large. The top tube is pretty close to the crotch but the bike does not feel too big when riding. The medium is about an inch shorter/lower in many areas but don't know what difference it would have made as the large was all I could get. I don't have any regrets. Loving the bike.
Old 05-04-21, 05:59 AM
justbob

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus x 4, Specialized Tricross Sport (sold)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ejewels
Many advised me to get a medium and i'm glad i did. The medium Sirrus frame was larger than my large Specialized Tricross.
Old 05-04-21, 06:10 AM
ejewels

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by justbob
Many advised me to get a medium and i'm glad i did. The medium Sirrus frame was larger than my large Specialized Tricross.
hmm, maybe your proportions fit better on the M. Usually at your height you’d want a large. The tricross has different geometry so you can’t really compare them the same. Anyways, glad it works!
Old 05-04-21, 08:35 AM
Lady82

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Hello!
I have started a thread, but I am not sure how much feedback I will be able to generate, so I decided to ask here.
I would like to upgrade my 8 year old hybrid, but with the current situation with bikes it is very tricky. There are simply NO bikes in Ontario, unless it's e-bikes and carbon offerings at 5K+. Bike shopes are sitting empty. Ideally, I would have purchased Sirrus 3.0 X, but there are none anywhere. I personally called every dealer within 3 hour drive radius.

By chance I found Marin Terra Linda 3 in my size, but I know nothing about the brand.
I currently own a Specialized Vita (female version of Sirrus) and Liv Tempt 0 (2021).
I love my hybrid, but it is an older model with rim breaks. Terra Linda has many modern upgrades over my bike, notably disk breaks and thru axles, which are unheard of in this price range. My old hybrid has a carbon fork and 3×9 Shimano Acera/Alivio transmission. So no real upgrades in this respect.
I guess I am trying to decide if the upgrade is worth it. My bike is great, but I do feel that rim breaks are not as great as my hydrolics on Liv Tempt.
I also have concerns about the quality of Marin proprietary components, especially their hubs. There are no technical information anywhere.
Would you trade upgrade 2013 Specialized Sirrus that already has 3X9 speed transmission and carbon fork for a new Marin Terra Linda 3?

Sorry, the rules of the forums do not allow me to post links to the specs of the bike.
Old 05-04-21, 09:29 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
Hydraulic brakes are better than rim brakes. But for most of us, rim brakes work fine. Have you tried putting new pads on your linear pull brakes (at least that's what the specs said your Specialized has, when I looked it up). I have found that Kool Stop salmon pads to be much better than most others I've tried. Wouldn't cost a lot to try, and easier to find!! Never had a problem with quick release, if I had hydraulic brakes, might go for them, but otherwise, don't feel the need.
Likes For freeranger:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.