Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from the Driftless Region

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 07-19-21, 08:44 AM
wundermary

Bikes: 1991 Technium Olympian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all,
I'm Mary and I live in the Driftless region of the Midwest, USA. I've been riding recreationally for the better part of my life. I've mostly had British 3 speeds, although I am currently riding a Trek hybred and have picked up a 1991 Raleigh Technium, which I will be posting about in the classic and vintage forum.

I have been riding 10 miles a day, 4-6 days a week, on paved/groomed trails. My goal is to move to road riding, at approximately 20 miles a day, 4 times a week. This is what I've picked up the Technium for. I found this forum while searching for information on the Technium and this looks like a good place to be so here I am...

Last edited by wundermary; 07-23-21 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-19-21, 12:25 PM
NextDIYikeproj
DIY:er

Bikes: 5

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by wundermary
Hello all,
I'm Mary and I live in the Driftless region of the Midwest, USA. I've been riding recreationally for the better part of my life. I've mostly had British 3 speeds, although I am currently riding a Trek hybred and have picked up a 1991 Raleigh Technium, which I will be posting about in the help forum.

I have been riding 10 miles a day, 4-6 days a week, on paved/groomed trails. My goal is to move to road riding, at approximately 20 miles a day, 4 times a week. This is what I've picked up the Technium for. I found this forum while searching for information on the Technium and this looks like a good place to be so here I am...
Welcome, from another newbie (on the forum, not in the saddle)! 😎👍
Old 07-19-21, 12:30 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Hello and Welcome from a Texas Road Rider.

Hope you plan on getting Bright Lights for Day Safety or Night Riding

Old 07-20-21, 07:50 AM
wundermary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NextDIYikeproj
Welcome, from another newbie (on the forum, not in the saddle)! 😎👍
Thanks NextDIY!
Old 07-20-21, 07:54 AM
wundermary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Hello and Welcome from a Texas Road Rider.

Hope you plan on getting Bright Lights for Day Safety or Night Riding
Thank you TRR! I do need to get lights and reflectors. Do you have a particular light you would recommend?
Old 07-20-21, 07:57 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts
Hello all,
I'm Mary and I live in the Driftless region of the Midwest, USA. I've been riding recreationally for the better part of my life. I've mostly had British 3 speeds, although I am currently riding a Trek hybred and have picked up a 1991 Raleigh Technium, which I will be posting about in the help forum.

I live in central Iowa, not too far from the driftless region. I love riding there but it does have some hills. Once you move off the paths to ride the roads, you will want to think about the gearing on that '91 Technium. You may want to post pics of the bike along with a description of the kind of riding you do in the C&V forum. We like old bikes. The posters will give you some sound ideas for how to get the kind of gearing you might need (as well as how to best fix up that bike) inexpensively.
Old 07-21-21, 11:52 AM
wundermary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I live in central Iowa, not too far from the driftless region. I love riding there but it does have some hills. Once you move off the paths to ride the roads, you will want to think about the gearing on that '91 Technium. You may want to post pics of the bike along with a description of the kind of riding you do in the C&V forum. We like old bikes. The posters will give you some sound ideas for how to get the kind of gearing you might need (as well as how to best fix up that bike) inexpensively.
Thank you!
This region does have hills
I just posted on the Technium in the C&V forum and those front sprockets are one of the things I'm fishing for feedback on I'd be very happy if you'd have a look at what I have to say about the bike.

I will post photos when I am able. I believe I have a 10 post minimum, before I'm free to move about the building😁
Old 07-21-21, 11:54 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts
Thank you!
This region does have hills
I just posted on the Technium in the C&V forum and those front sprockets are one of the things I'm fishing for feedback on I'd be very happy if you'd have a look at what I have to say about the bike.

I will post photos when I am able. I believe I have a 10 post minimum, before I'm free to move about the building😁
You can do an album on your profile with pics. Someone will upload the pics to your thread. Yeah the no pics posting rule for newbies is a necessary pain as it is an anti-spam rule.
Likes For bikemig: