Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Addiction 2022.1

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Addiction 2022.1

Old 01-13-22, 05:15 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11894 Post(s)
Liked 6,491 Times in 3,417 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Speaking of, I get to find out in "24-96 hours" my results.

Mild cough, sore throat, and sinus issues started yesterday afternoon. Didn't go to work today since I slept like crap last night.

Fun stuff.
Uh oh.
Old 01-13-22, 05:16 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10247 Post(s)
Liked 11,599 Times in 5,945 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I'm not afraid of covid, but I'm afraid of the Covid cultists who want to destroy my ability to earn a living and shut me out of society for making a medical decision. I wish people would just mind their business. The funny thing is people who think anti vaxers will die en mass, people who think the danger of covid is orders of magnitude worse than it actualy is. You do know that young and healthy unvaccined people are at less risk than old vaccinated people with comorbidities right? Go get your boosters and let me be, please.

mods please temp ban us for arguing about covid instead of riding our bikes, thanks.
This is why it shouldn't be a decision. Too many people who aren't qualified to decide think they are.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 01-13-22, 05:23 PM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 10104 Post(s)
Liked 5,784 Times in 3,112 Posts
House update:

Rot is not overwhelming and amenable to fairly minor surgery so far. We will have, at least, vapor barrier and underlayment throughout by the weekend, and maybe one elevation sided.
Likes For MoAlpha:
Old 01-13-22, 05:25 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10065 Post(s)
Liked 5,051 Times in 2,155 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
This is why it shouldn't be a decision. Too many people who aren't qualified to decide think they are.

I will say one last thing about this after I tried to change the subject.

So my flight surgeon who is a doctor has given me interesting advice during this ordeal.

When covid first started, he informed me to stay home, not to go to work because it will kill me.

When the vaccine first came out he told me to get the vaccine because covid was going to kill me.

Now he tells me not to get the vaccine because the vaccine could cause me harm.

He is my doctor. That would make him qualified correct? Or because he has a different view than you he doesn’t count?
Old 01-13-22, 05:32 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Quoted: 28436 Post(s)
Liked 1,832 Times in 1,300 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
We subsidize so much corn, we need to do something with it. Let's make even more sugar!
We subsidize sugar, too.
Old 01-13-22, 05:33 PM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
House update:

Rot is not overwhelming and amenable to fairly minor surgery so far. We will have, at least, vapor barrier and underlayment throughout by the weekend, and maybe one elevation sided.

Not sure if you are aware of this but the outside of your house is missing siding.

Thank me later.
Likes For bampilot06:
Old 01-13-22, 05:34 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Which number is smaller? 1/200 or 1/1,000,000?

Old 01-13-22, 05:34 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Originally Posted by bampilot06
I do know a 26 year old flight attendant that died from the moderna vaccine. Thats a fact that is in my life that influences my decisions.
Of what, specifically, did she die?
Old 01-13-22, 05:36 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

At least the horizontal ladder is level now.

Progress!
Old 01-13-22, 05:36 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Originally Posted by Velo Vol

Progress!
Also, no lawn.

Sad.
Old 01-13-22, 05:44 PM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 10104 Post(s)
Liked 5,784 Times in 3,112 Posts

Progress!
That was totally disturbing my mind too!
Old 01-13-22, 05:45 PM
bampilot06

Of what, specifically, did she die?

complications from the moderna vaccine. From what her husband told me, a day after she was vaccinated she immediately had a fever. He called the doctors office and they informed him if it didn’t break after a couple days to call back. The fever broke but she was bed ridden with aches and pains. He called multiple times wanting to bring her back but they insisted not to worry about it.

They have a side buisness that they can both do while they are at work. He is a pilot as well.

Story goes he was in Charlotte and had to fly to Champaign Illinois’s. He talked to her in Charlotte and she was fine, he flew to Champaign and when he landed noticed she wasn’t answering her work correspondence. He started calling her and she wouldn’t respond. He sent a neighbor over and she was dead on the floor. Only mention the departure and destination becuase it was only about 90 mins between the time he talked to her and when he tried to reach her again.

I think it was 2 weeks after she got it. This was around last Feb/ March time.
Old 01-13-22, 05:52 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

complications from the moderna vaccine. From what her husband told me, a day after she was vaccinated she immediately had a fever. He called the doctors office and they informed him if it didn’t break after a couple days to call back. The fever broke but she was bed ridden with aches and pains. He called multiple times wanting to bring her back but they insisted not to worry about it.

She was in bed for almost two weeks and they told her not to worry about it? wut
Old 01-13-22, 05:53 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Quoted: 11894 Post(s)
Liked 6,491 Times in 3,417 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
https://www.laura-bond.com/2011/09/h...e-your-coffee/

These people must be bulletproof then. They've been at it since 2011
Likes For BillyD:
Old 01-13-22, 05:53 PM
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12635 Post(s)
Liked 7,528 Times in 3,989 Posts
I was gonna get 20 miles in, but decided I was too tired after 10 hours work. So I just rode over to the local 19th hole for a cold one.

Likes For LesterOfPuppets:
Old 01-13-22, 06:04 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9530 Post(s)
Liked 6,271 Times in 3,459 Posts
I'm not afraid of covid, but I'm afraid of the Covid cultists who want to destroy my ability to earn a living and shut me out of society for making a medical decision. I wish people would just mind their business. The funny thing is people who think anti vaxers will die en mass, people who think the danger of covid is orders of magnitude worse than it actualy is. You do know that young and healthy unvaccined people are at less risk than old vaccinated people with comorbidities right? Go get your boosters and let me be, please.

mods please temp ban us for arguing about covid instead of riding our bikes, thanks.
You got it backwards shirtless dude. I want people to get the vax so they don’t die, so businesses can stay open and thrive (including mine), so people can go to work and make money, so our hospitals are not overwhelmed, and so I can go out in public and enjoy shopping, museums, dining out and everything else the world has to offer. My business has been impacted by infection rates and shutdowns to the tune of 30-40% revenue reductions each of the last two years, and I would like to see this year be a return to more “normal” levels.

Polio has been nearly eradicated world wide due to an available vaccine. Nobody objects to that vaccine. The same is true with smallpox. I would like to see the same thing happen to COVID.

I don’t expect to see or want to see those who refuse to get the vax die en mass or at all. I’m just not going to lose much sleep over those that do. That includes my two brothers who aren’t going to let anyone tell them what to do.

Darwin’s theory is virtually always correct.
Likes For Mojo31:
Old 01-13-22, 06:07 PM
Mojo31
-------

They have a side buisness that they can both do while they are at work. He is a pilot as well.

Story goes he was in Charlotte and had to fly to Champaign Illinois’s. He talked to her in Charlotte and she was fine, he flew to Champaign and when he landed noticed she wasn’t answering her work correspondence. He started calling her and she wouldn’t respond. He sent a neighbor over and she was dead on the floor. Only mention the departure and destination becuase it was only about 90 mins between the time he talked to her and when he tried to reach her again.

In those situations, you go to the hospital. You should never blindly follow a doctors instructions, especially when they don’t make sense. A second opinion never hurt anyone.
Old 01-13-22, 06:09 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8191 Post(s)
Liked 8,849 Times in 4,396 Posts
In other news, I have never won anything from strava entered contest. Not once.

Whew*. I’m glad I could get that off my chest.
Nor have I. Once the proprietor of a now defunct but wonderful woolen outdoor clothing company signed onto a sailing web site I frequented and offered to send base layer tops to anyone who was willing to write a review. I still have mine and it’s great!
I won a pair of shoes from a contest in a cereal box. They were called Kangaroo Walkers and they were great. Even came in the right size (13) and lasted a long time.
Can't think of anything else but there must have been something.
Likes For big john:
Old 01-13-22, 06:15 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Originally Posted by Mojo31
In those situations, you go to the hospital. You should never blindly follow a doctors instructions, especially when they don’t make sense. A second opinion never hurt anyone.
I dunno, man. "And you're ugly, too!" really stings.

Likes For genejockey:
Old 01-13-22, 06:16 PM
Mojo31
-------

Originally Posted by genejockey
I dunno, man. "And you're ugly, too!" really stings.
I get that a lot. You get used to it.
Old 01-13-22, 06:17 PM
bampilot06

Originally Posted by big john
I won a pair of shoes from a contest in a cereal box. They were called Kangaroo Walkers and they were great. Even came in the right size (13) and lasted a long time.
Can't think of anything else but there must have been something.

My mom won a car back in 1997. She didn’t even know she was entered in a contest. She almost didn’t take it. The idea of paying taxes on it wasn’t something she wanted to pay for. Especially since we had 2 1990 volvo station wagons that ran sometimes.
Old 01-13-22, 06:20 PM
Mojo31
-------

I won a really nice thing we can’t talk about. The drawing was actually held at my house. That was the start of my sporting clay hobby.
Old 01-13-22, 06:31 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4839 Post(s)
Liked 7,829 Times in 3,709 Posts

The problem I see with your position on this is that it's not just YOUR business being affected. Your refusal to take steps to help eradicate the virus contributes to extending the time it will take for all of us - including you - to be able to go back to "normal". I would like to return to walking into a bike shop* without wearing a mask. Thanks for slowing that down for me.

Personally, I'm going to pay a lot more attention to the opinions and information from the bike-riding* medical doctors in this thread for guidance on COVID-relates issues.

*bike content

Last edited by Eric F; 01-13-22 at 08:26 PM.
Likes For Eric F:
Old 01-13-22, 06:35 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4839 Post(s)
Liked 7,829 Times in 3,709 Posts
In other news, I have never won anything from strava entered contest. Not once.

Whew*. I’m glad I could get that off my chest.
I won a signed copy of a John Lee Hooker CD from a radio station. The fact that it was a CD will tell you that this wasn't recent.
Old 01-13-22, 06:35 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2644 Post(s)
Liked 474 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
You got it backwards shirtless dude. I want people to get the vax so they don’t die, so businesses can stay open and thrive (including mine), so people can go to work and make money, so our hospitals are not overwhelmed, and so I can go out in public and enjoy shopping, museums, dining out and everything else the world has to offer. My business has been impacted by infection rates and shutdowns to the tune of 30-40% revenue reductions each of the last two years, and I would like to see this year be a return to more “normal” levels.

Polio has been nearly eradicated world wide due to an available vaccine. Nobody objects to that vaccine. The same is true with smallpox. I would like to see the same thing happen to COVID.

I don’t expect to see or want to see those who refuse to get the vax die en mass or at all. I’m just not going to lose much sleep over those that do. That includes my two brothers who aren’t going to let anyone tell them what to do.

Darwin’s theory is virtually always correct.
you want to purge the unvaccinated plague rats, because you think we are the reason we are still in this "pandemic." Any restrictions, loss of freedoms, lockdowns, etc are blamed on us. If only we all got vaccinated, we could just get back to normal! But no, the plague rats are holding society hostage with their arrogance and stupidity.

Honestly man I don't blame you for your views. The powers that be did a very good job of convincing people that this is the case. I hope you know that if you ever wake up and realize it's the government holding you hostage, not the unvaccinated, that we will accept you with open arms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.