Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Texas Tuner Shop Boycotted After Owner Posts Video Rolling Coal On A Cyclist

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Old 04-22-22, 08:20 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts

I love how this idiot thinks he is the victim.People are really just *******s, aren’t they? You always hope humanity will turn it around, but we never really do. Anyway, today’s ******* is this guy. He drives a diesel Ford Super Duty and decided to roll coal past a cyclist on a Texas road while filming a video of the whole encounter.

The video was shot from the driver’s seat. It shows the driver saying “Oh my God, a cyclist.”

From there the *******-ery really kicks into high gear. The driver slams on the accelerator, and from the passenger-side mirror you can see a cloud of smoke enveloping the cyclist.

This comes just a few months after a teen driver ran over six cyclists while rolling coal in the same state.
https://jalopnik.com/texas-tuner-sho...&ICID=ref_fark
Old 04-22-22, 10:05 AM
clemsongirl 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked 2,740 Times in 902 Posts
I read about the Texas Waller County and six injured bicyclists incident last year that took a DA to do the investigation that the local police should have but didn’t do. It shows why some are skeptical and even conditioned to expect little if anything from their local law enforcement in certain areas in response to an incident like that and more importantly other bicycle crashes caused by negligent, aggressive, and criminal motorists.
Likes For clemsongirl:
Old 04-22-22, 11:29 AM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,498 Times in 3,010 Posts
A Bubba cursed at me a few years ago while riding in the middle of nowhere. A few weeks later I was at the same line at Walmart with the offending Bubba. I asked the Bubba why he liked to harass people on bikes on County Road xxx in the middle of nowhere anyways he turned white as a ghost and said nothing as I just chuckled. No it wasn’t some intimation garbage it was he thought he would never be found out other than that I luckily ride in a friendly area I’m guessing no one really cares about people riding bikes. Or more importantly some of their wives are runners and walkers so don’t make her mad.
Old 04-22-22, 12:02 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
A coworker was watching the redneck brotruck mud wallowing videos and thought it was so cool.

I said they could save time and money by just getting drunk, getting naked, throw hundred dollar bills in the mud and wrestle for them.
Old 04-22-22, 12:13 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked 1,144 Times in 869 Posts
Originally Posted by SkinGriz
A coworker was watching the redneck brotruck mud wallowing

I said they could save time and money by just getting drunk, getting naked, throw hundred dollar bills in the mud and wrestle for them.
if instead of a brotruck and guys it was she necks on a 4 wheelers then you got a some viral to spread
Old 04-22-22, 12:16 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked 1,595 Times in 1,021 Posts

One hundred Dollars!!!

Old 04-22-22, 09:16 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
It is a shame shoulder mounted RPGs are hard to carry on bikes. They really need to make a more portable version to take out these mo-rons. A PKM could also work if they was some good way to carry and stabilize.

At the very least people like this should have their license revoked and their truck impounded and maybe a nice ankle bracelet to keep them from venturing out too far.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-22-22, 09:19 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by veganbikes
It is a shame shoulder mounted RPGs are hard to carry on bikes. They really need to make a more portable version to take out these mo-rons. A PKM could also work if they was some good way to carry and stabilize.

At the very least people like this should have their license revoked and their truck impounded and maybe a nice ankle bracelet to keep them from venturing out too far.
I think a paintball gun with paint remover balls would be pretty effective. you could write messages for them
Old 04-22-22, 09:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
I think a paintball gun with paint remover balls would be pretty effective. you could write messages for them
Yeah but the RPG is even more effective no more truck no more driver no more rolling coal. I mean stripping paint is always fun but unfortunately if they are armed they could potentially hit you back with more than breakable balls.
Old 04-22-22, 09:26 PM
fooferdoggie 

Yeah but the RPG is even more effective no more truck no more driver no more rolling coal. I mean stripping paint is always fun but unfortunately if they are armed they could potentially hit you back with more than breakable balls.
well ya but there is legal and there is LEGAL.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 04-22-22, 09:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

well ya but there is legal and there is LEGAL.
I mean I didn't say an RPG is always "legal" but you have some plausible deniability no cyclist is going to actually going to be able to carry one and shoot one while also riding a bike or at least a judge would believe that.
Old 04-22-22, 10:05 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,019 Times in 1,055 Posts
Some guy tried to coal-roll me on an Indiana backroad and failed miserably. I felt like he needed a corner of his man-card cut off.

I was on the Indiana Farmland 200k permanent, somewhere west of North Vernon.

I mean, how pitiful can you get? It was a frickin proper unregulated turbocharged diesel pickup. Even had dualies IIRC.

Tried to be a dick, and failed. SMH.
Likes For downtube42:
Old 04-22-22, 10:34 PM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4311 Post(s)
Liked 2,954 Times in 1,601 Posts
I was thinking the next big thing will be bodyguard drones. It can fly above you your whole ride, watch for bad drivers, and eliminate threats with little bombs.
Old 04-23-22, 05:11 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
Seems to be much to do about nothing.

I have asthma and hate diesel smoke. I carry a rescue inhaler just in case.

RPG? Drones? Guns? For a little smoke..............

The woke are crazy
Old 04-23-22, 07:52 AM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Liked 3,361 Times in 2,034 Posts
I'd like to see them fined by the EPA.

​​​​​​https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/l...d-is-it-legal/
Likes For dedhed:
Old 04-23-22, 08:18 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked 768 Times in 491 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed

Agree that fines and boycott's are an effective way to teach the ignorant about respect and decency.
Likes For joesch:
Old 04-23-22, 10:24 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62

The woke are crazy
Aren't you the exact same type of person who cries "MUH RITESSS" all the time? It's only a problem when it occurs to you and your peoples. I wonder what you'd say if'n he took a knee,... The boomers around here are hilarious.
Old 04-23-22, 11:03 AM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked 5,441 Times in 3,198 Posts

The woke are crazy
How? Is? This? Cyclist? Woke?

Because a ******g redneck ******* ****ed with him?
\
Old 04-23-22, 12:27 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4196 Post(s)
Liked 2,911 Times in 1,780 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed

Yeah them and those folks who remove/disable their mufflers to make their trucks/bikes louder.
Likes For himespau:
Old 04-23-22, 02:10 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked 1,144 Times in 869 Posts
.... spoken like a brother ambusher
Old 04-23-22, 08:44 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

The woke are crazy
It is not just a little smoke it is intentional smoke attack on someone. It has nothing to do with being awake or being asleep it is just unneeded. They can threaten cyclists but when cyclists dare to stand up we are crazy? I mean yes the RPG is a bit of a joke but do we really want to have these vehicles on the roads doing what they do against us or do we want to have a space where we all share the roads like we should and not roll coal or drive like an idiot just because. I thought this was a bike forum but I guess we really should advocate for dangerous driving, essentially assault and more destruction of the planet we all have to live and breathe on.

You have to carry an inhaler because you have breathing issues around diesel vehicles for cripes sake. But I guess stay sleepy my friend, I get to do it because I have sleep issues not because I really want to.
Old 04-24-22, 06:41 AM
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "CamelTrek"

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 282 Posts
The deep psyche of Car Culture is that of privileged bullies. In my world view, there are no secondary citizens. Yet, I am disillusioned by seeing individuals I would stand shoulder to shoulder with on the front lines, act as if their convenience is worth more than a life, just because they have a motorized weapon at their beck and call....
Likes For Digger Goreman:
Old 04-24-22, 02:39 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
It is not just a little smoke it is intentional smoke attack on someone. It has nothing to do with being awake or being asleep it is just unneeded. They can threaten cyclists but when cyclists dare to stand up we are crazy? I mean yes the RPG is a bit of a joke but do we really want to have these vehicles on the roads doing what they do against us or do we want to have a space where we all share the roads like we should and not roll coal or drive like an idiot just because. I thought this was a bike forum but I guess we really should advocate for dangerous driving, essentially assault and more destruction of the planet we all have to live and breathe on.

You have to carry an inhaler because you have breathing issues around diesel vehicles for cripes sake. But I guess stay sleepy my friend, I get to do it because I have sleep issues not because I really want to.
Relax. Have a cucumber cocktail or something. Guy deserves a hefty ticket not to be nuked with weapons.
Old 04-24-22, 07:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Relax. Have a cucumber cocktail or something. Guy deserves a hefty ticket not to be nuked with weapons.
A cucumber cocktail? Would love to see a recipe, not really a fan of cucumbers prefer pickles and also not really a gin person but I am not a huge drinker anyway.

Never said nuked with weapons, I simply made a joke about an RPG and it seems like that maybe caused an individual flake of snow to get caught up in dude's nasty and rather hot exhaust and melt. I am sorry that happened, that snow would have been nice today it was rather hot and we were out hiking having a good time but a little cooler would have made it even better ; )
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-25-22, 08:44 AM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,498 Times in 3,010 Posts
Just put a potato in the exhaust pipe. When he starts up you will hear a loud boom and broken exhaust. It is funny I did this to a Bubba that was hacking on me when I was a kid. Thinking about it now I am going to keep a bag of potatoes in my vehicle just in case.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.